CC3+ refuses to open!

I've got a big problem. I cannot persuade CC3+ to open.

I did a repair - after checking that I had the most up to date version - and still can't get it to open. It gets to the point where the window is about to open with the symbol catalogue on the left of the screen and the map you have been working on in the middle, but it doesn't get past the grey screen where it says FCW32. I've tried clicking on files - shortcut to program file - the program file - NOTHING works.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    It might be that there is a problem with your map. CC3+ always opens the last map on startup, so if the map is causing a crash, you can run into this problem. Try opening CC3+ not by clicking on the icon, but by double-clicking on a map file from windows file explorer instead (Use a known good map, for example one of the example maps that came with CC3+. [Obviously, if you try to double click on the same map CC3+ is trying to load anyway and crashing on, it will still crash])
  • edited August 2018
    Posted By: MonsenIt might be that there is a problem with your map. CC3+ always opens the last map on startup, so if the map is causing a crash, you can run into this problem. Try opening CC3+ not by clicking on the icon, but by double-clicking on a map file from windows file explorer instead (Use a known good map, for example one of the example maps that came with CC3+. [Obviously, if you try to double click on the same map CC3+ is trying to load anyway and crashing on, it will still crash])
    I was trying to open one of the example maps, Monsen, *after* doing the repair!!! in the end I closed my laptop and opened it again later on yesterday evening with more success.