Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorHenrie61
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2018

Hi there,

I read the copyright part of the ProFantasy site and searched the forum but I am still not certain if what I want is allowed.

Recently I backed a kickstarter project called Other World Mapper.
    I used that to create a map of an Island kingdom.

Now I want to make a second map with the regions (duchies) of the kingdom.
    Each duchy has its own coat of arms.

I used an annual (CA13) to design the heraldry shields.
    Am I allowed to use these designs in my map that is created with Other World Mapper?

Outside my own PC the map and the heraldry shields will only be used as PNG files.
    Can I use these PNG files (map with heraldry shields) to post on forums and/or Facebook?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

For copyright questions, you should contact ProFantasy directly to receive an official answer.

My personal interpretation of the EULA is that all this should be fine, since you are allowed to use and distribute anything you make with PF products (as long as you don't redistribute the source images themselves, only your composite result). But do remember that my answers aren't official.
    • CommentAuthorHenrie61

@Monsen,

Thank you for the answer.
    Will contact them and will post their respone here.
    • CommentAuthorHenrie61
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2018

This is the answer I receiver from Profantasy.

Hello Henrie,

Thanks for checking with us! Yes, you can use the designs you created as you describe. Just don't distribute the shields separately (for example as a symbol catalog for OWM for other users).

Best regards,
    Ralf Schemmann