Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the new Cartographer's Annual for August is out yet? I don't see it available on my download page.
    • CommentAuthorBarliman
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2018 edited

There's a #140, "Dark Fantasy", in my downloads list right now. Either it's the new one, or I forgot to DL the last one.

EDIT: Yep. It's the August issue. :D
    Thanks Barliman. I've got it now. I'm looking forward to going through it when I have the time and figuring out new ways to use those symbols.
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2018

Thanks for the heads-up. I'd guess the fact the PF team area currently away at GenCon may have something to do with the slight delay in this issue appearing :D

But I see we can now all look forward to losing our sanity in The Claws (yes, based on that very old joke, as famously portrayed by the Marx Brothers...).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

#-o
    • CommentAuthorJimP

This doesn't have anything to do with the Sanity Claws does it ? I want Santa to bring me presents this year, not the Sanity Clau... oh, never mind.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Are you guys talking about Christmas already?! :O
    • CommentAuthorTopdecker
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2018

Just 144 days until then...
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I saw a Christmas music advert on telly in July. I memorized the item name being sold so I don't purchase it. Argh.
    • CommentAuthortaustinoc

As long as it's not Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer, I promise I won't go postal.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

No, it was Mannerheim Steam roller. I think I got the spelling correct.
    • CommentAuthorWyvern

Doncha know there ain't no Sanity Clause?

Meanwhile back in "reality", the first 2019 calendars had appeared in shops here (UK) by the middle of last month, and the first 2019 diaries are already on sale today too. It's like they're trying to wish time away...
    • CommentAuthortaustinoc

Posted By: WyvernIt's like they're trying to wish time away...

You'd be amazed, or perhaps appalled, at how many people want to do their Christmas shopping in the summer on the theory that prices will be lower (they're not - the very best prices will be in January, but selection will be . . . limited). Retailers that do their best on seasonal stuff like the boost in sales in the slow months, and August really has no season or holidays (in the US), and Labor Day really is the start of the Holiday shopping season, so they play along.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2018

Wow. That spiraled real fast.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Creative people are often very distractible :P
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I don't think so.. oh look a galaxy !
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I think its a tree, Jim :)
    • CommentAuthorWyvern

No, no, it's flotsam caught in a whirlpool...
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Now there's a thing - the world tree growing over a whirlpool, its gargantuan roots arching clear of the danger zone and plunging into the deeps all around - straight into the rock of the world... a bit like... the Eiffel tower. But maybe it IS the Eiffel tower - standing tall over the future flooded remains of a catastrophist's Paris... But then, maybe its the sole transmitter on an abandoned world, with a tiny red light flashing at regular intervals right on the top...

I love imagination :)
    • CommentAuthorJimP

You've seen Yggdrasil ?
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

In the stars, Jim ;)
    • CommentAuthorcedarwolf
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2018

Quick question: If I subscribe to the Journal, is that 12 issues in a year, or a single issue once per year? Silly question, I realize, but one I need an answer for so I can set my budget for the next couple of months.
    Thanks,
    Cedar Wolf
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2018

When you buy last years, its a zip file of all 12 issues.

When you buy next years, its one issue at a time.

Buy this years, and you get 8, and one each month for the rest of the year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2018

Actually not a zip file, but a proper setup installer. But otherwise Jim has it correct. It's always $40 for 12 issues, and you either get them all in one go (when buying a back year), or one at a time per month, for the current year.
    • CommentAuthorScottA

For the price you really can't go wrong, even if you end up ever only using half of a year's annuals, it's still a bargain.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

And even if you don't use many, the tutorial aspect helps as well.
    • CommentAuthortaustinoc

Posted By: ScottAFor the price you really can't go wrong, even if you end up ever only using half of a year's annuals, it's still a bargain.

I've got them all, and I don't think there's a single year's worth that doesn't have at least one month that was worth the price all by itself.

And yeah, the tutorials are always worth checking out.