CA3 alignment issues

I've started using CA3 recently and am noticing a bunch of alignment issues with things like arms, or where body parts are drawn on top of clothing and such.

Attached is an example using one of the default templates. I selected the Human Male, and placed the HMT torso W and the HMAL 1 Arm W. As you can see here, there is a gap between the torso and arm.

Comments

• Here is an example of the body showing over the clothing.

Same setup as the above post, I just added the HMT Shirt 1. The reason is pretty obvious, the arm is on the "Arm Left" sheet, and the shirt is on the "Torso Shirt" sheet, but the ordering of the sheets has the Arm Left over the Torso Shirt.
  • One other thing I just noticed, on the Male Human Thin, Two Arms. HMt2A Arms W symbol is defaulting to the BACKGROUND sheet. All the others default to the ARMS sheet
  • edited July 2018
    For character artist, there are a lot of similar challenges. Remember, you can take it off of snap and grid. In addition, the drawing tools are your friend. I usually modify the sheets to include adding sheets. You can also switch arm positions from left to right and vice versa. There is a lot of cool things that you can do with Character Artist 3+, but it does take a lot of experimenting. In addition, you can use symbols and such from the other programs. With the warrior below, I used the drawing tools to enhance his outfit with red and I used symbols from CC3+ to give him a complex shield design. don't worry, you will be creating awesome characters in no time. :-)
  • Yeah, I'm aware of taking off the snap to grid and moving sheets around. I just wanted to point these little things out so they might get fixed in a future patch. The arm not aligning should be fixed, as well as the two arms entry going to the wrong sheet. I understand that the ARM LEFT sheet needs to be drawn on top of the TORSO SHIRT sheet because several of the arm combinations go in front of the shirt. Its a bad combo as the shoulder of the arm needs to go behind the tunic, but for most of the left arm options, the forearm needs to go in front of the TORSO SHIRT sheet.
  • Hey Charles,

I've been following your posts on CA3+ and your advice has really helped. However, the annoyances keep mounting heh. I, too, have noticed what mattekure is saying and am just wondering when we can expect some serious updates to CA3+. It's an awesome program but needs some serious luv :P

thanks

Cal
  • I know that Ralf has fixed some of the issues that I brought up before when CA3+ first came out. I created characters like crazy... Lol! Just keep posting messages like this one so they can keep tweaking it. You can also email them directly. Ralf is a good guy and has always been a great help. I am glad that my advice has helped Calibre. We learn so much from each other. It is what makes this forum so special. :-)