Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorleosuth
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2018

Am I being thick or something?

I'm sure there was a tool where you could draw a line at an angle to another line - but I can't seem to find anything. I'm aware of F12 (F11?) which allows you to draw a line at 90 degrees to another line - I want to draw one at 33 degrees :)

Or am I going to have a Doh! moment? :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Tools -> Snaps -> Angle To
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Is there a command line for this? Also, when I want a perfect square, without having a grid, how can I do this easily - I have had call for this lately.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

You can use the snap grid? That doesn't print.

Those two buttons at the bottom right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

You can find all the command lines for the snaps here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

So I gather no way to do perfect squares except by Snap - pity because I often want squares bigger or smaller than snap draws, without having to resize them all the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Plenty of ways to do that. You can use coordinates, or you can use the box tool and then use the angle to modifer against the map border with an angle of 45. You can draw a line, then copy it and rotate the copy 90 degrees on the endpoint. You can make a drawing tool, since that lets you lock it to a square. Latter is a perfect option when you need the square to be rotated.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2018

You can also right click the Grid button and create entirely your own grid whatever size you want. I've done it thousands of times for some really odd sized shapes - not just square. For reasons too complicated to go into right now, I even have a grid that is 8 3/4 inches square right now, and swap between them all continuously.
    • CommentAuthorleosuth

Ahh OK thanks

Lesson to be learned: don't not use CC for a long time :)
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Its improving all the time, which is terrific - unless you don't use it for a while :P
    • CommentAuthortaustinoc

It is a pity that CC3 doesn't have the feature where you get a prefect square (or circle, or any other geometric shape) when you hold down the key while drawing, and the object being centered when you hold down the key, as many graphics programs do.

I have no idea how much work that would be to implement, but it sure does make some things easier when working.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I have to agree with taustinoc - on a wishlist for me.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2018

I just use the snap grid to draw them.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Circle and squares are easy to draw. I couldn't do it without this software.
    • CommentAuthorkevbeck43

With all of the new improvements coming out are any of the old annuals now kind of obsolete? I am thinking specifically of the old castle maker and DBLL to make a castle wall. Can symbols along effectively replace this method?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

No, the old castle maker works by drawing walls using lines and put breaks in them for various purposes and so on. Symbols along can do nothing like that. Of course, if you are just asking if you can make a castle wall with symbols along, sure, you can probably set up symbols along to do some nice tricks if you have the appropriate symbols, but you'll probably need to experiment a bit with it.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2018

I use SMC Symbols.fsc and other SMC fsc files to make castle walls around a small town or city. I then add square of round towers from the same set. I mean the connecting wall symbols.
    • CommentAuthorleosuth
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2018

I seem to remember one version of CC (CC2 Pro?) that had a draw polygon command?

Or am I just experiencing wishful nostalgia (whatever the correct terminology might be)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: leosuthI seem to remember one version of CC (CC2 Pro?) that had a draw polygon command?
    I am a bit unsure what you are after here? Polygons are one of the basic shapes of CC3+, and the buttons for drawing basic polygons are found in the right-hand menu. If you are after regular polygons, you can right click the polygon button to find this. (Which is yet another way of drawing the perfect squares Quenten wanted.)
    • CommentAuthorleosuth

Thanks Mnsen

That was really just an observation for Quenten - it's good to know they are still available :)