Recovering initial map settings

Ok, so when you create a map, you provide dimensions.

How do I get those numbers back?

BTW, not having this info in FILE --> Drawing Properties is difficult for me to understand. It is a fundamental property, no?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Maps are practically infinite in both dimensions. The initial height/width serve to create the size of the screen and border entities, but it doesnt actually limit the size of what you can draw. So while you might define a 100x100 map at initial creation, nothing stops you from drawing a 200x200 box. Assuming your template creates a border and you havent changed or deleted that border, you can always hide the other sheets and measure the distance between the sides. That should give you the size when you created it.
  • TopdeckerTopdecker Traveler
    No, no border. I am making maps for VTT usage and borders increase file size with no upside.

I do use a simple grid, but I finally have gotten tired of manually counting every square on both the x and y axis.

• you can turn on the grid and SNAP, then use the DIST command to get the distance from any points. no manual counting required.
  • For my maps, with a grid, I add some distances in text. 'Sloping corridor 150'. etc.