Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    I am taking a summer course on Game Mechanics & Design. We have to make our own game with graphics; to include board, cards, and box. Also making marketing ads.
    This is from my first day of play testing my game. This is part of my degree in Communication Design. The game is called Godhiede. I don't have my board created yet so I am using the board from Samurai Swords to play test the game mechanics.

Art created using ProFantasy Software (CC3+ and CA3+) with a dash of Photoshop. :-)

Play Test 1a
      Playtest 1a.png
    Play Test 1b
      Playtest 1b.png
    Play Test 1c
      Playtest 1c.png
    Play Test 1d
      Playtest 1d.png
    Okyrios, the supreme god, has disapeared from this world and the rest of the Pantheon is in chaotic disarray. Dyeus is the god of the Heavens, Wildor is the goddess of the Forests, Salvare is the goddess of Hope, Pelagos is the god of the Sea, Uvel is the demonic god of Damnation, and Slaga is the goddess of War. Who will become the new ruler of this world. Who will become the new Godhiede!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2018

This is wonderful Charles - even more wonderful to hear from you on this forum again.
    Thanks Quenten! I have just been so busy. I hardly have time to sleep these days...Lol! :-)

Here is my first card design for the Fate deck. It is a Disaster Card: Tsunami
      Game Cards - Tsunami D20.png
    This is the design for the card backs
      Game Cards - BackV2.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2018

Brilliant. Love to know the rules, and how your first game goes.
    Right now we are just testing certain elements, accepting some ideas and rejecting others. I hope to have the initial rough draft by Friday.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Wow. Just wow.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Awesome!
    Thanks JimP and Lorelei! :-)
    The Objective

The objective of Godhiede is to have more followers than any of your rivals by the end of the game in order to become the uncontested ruler of the gods. There are multiple methods available to you in attaining this goal, so let your imagination soar free. There are 60 different realms located on this world. All players begin the game with the same number of realms. Players will have to contend with managing their followers; for they are your resources as well as your way to victory. As such, you must use them wisely; for the faithful are all important.

You will need to recruit armies and improve your leaders, build structures, wage war, find relics, inspire uprisings, target key rivals for assassination, protect your faithful believers with blessings, curse your enemies, summon the powerful Paragons of your faith, bring forth the mighty Avatars of your gods, and even challenge the very world upon which you stand.

Both diplomacy and bribery are your friends in this world. You must also take into consideration the terrain and your ability to maneuver. This is a wild world where many things can and do go awry. But do not fret, for each of the gods have their own special powers to help them succeed. But remember, only one god can become the new Godhiede, the ultimate rulers of our Pantheon!
    If anyone would like to get a digital copy of the rules for review. Please whisper your email to me and I will send it to you. I would love your review and ideas on how to make it better.

Thanks! :-)
    The Pantheon

From Left to Right
    1. Pelagos
    2. Wildor
    3. Salvare
    4. Uvel
    5. Dyeus
    6. Slaga
      The Pantheon.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2018

I always love your CA3 work. :) Good luck and fun with the game design!
    Thanks Ralf! :-)
    Champion of Uvel, Demonic God of Damnation
      Damned Minion.JPG
    Priestess of Uvel, Demonic God of Damnation
      Damned Priest.jpg
    I am at the point where it is time to make the map for my game board. I will upload it in stages to show the process on how it is developed if anybody is interested. I have to do it anyway for class. I hope people like it. I love cartography, but have only had a few projects where I could use ProFantasy's awesome software at school. Since going back to college, I have not had the time to post as much as I used to here. Thanks! :-)
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2018

Of course we like it. Something for mappers like me to aim for in quality.
    Thanks JimP! :-)
    Disciple of Pelagos, God of the Sea
      Sea Minion.jpg
    Godhiede Map

Map is 7,200 x 7,200.

Game board will be 24" x 24"

24 x300 = 7,200

I always work at high resolution and then shrink, so I will be saving the image at the highest level.
      Gameboard 1.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2018

Love the sea on this - obviously the biblical flood! :D
    And your character profiles are, as always, just great.
    300 grid

Half grid all the way around

I will not place anything is that area.

I will leave that open for bleed when it is printed.
      Gameboard 2.png
    I like toggling back and forth between a grid overlay and hex overlay.

I make a separate sheet for the hex overlay and place right next to the grid sheet.

I make the hex overlay at 300 as well.

I then click on it and shift it to my new hex sheet.

Now I can toggle back and forth between the two.

In this case, it is especially useful because I will need a total of 60 Realms for my board game.

Having a hex format makes that easier for determining where that all is going to be.
      Gameboard 3.png
    By activating both, I can see what hexes I can and cannot use along the edge for bleed.
      Gameboard 4.png
    I count out the available hexes and I have 495. I want at least a 3rd of the map to be sea so that takes away another 165 hexes. This leaves me with 330 for the land mass. That gives me 5.5 hexes for each realm because I need 60 realms. I do not to bother with a half an hex So I drop it to 5 hexes per real with 30 hexes left over which I can use to vary the size of the realms. I can also subtract some as well so that the realms have a variety size. The chart below shows all 60 realms varying from 3 hexes to 8. I only do this when I know that I need a certain number of realms and I want to make sure the realms are big enough for the counters that I am going to e using for the units/players.

5 / 6 / 3 / 8 / 5 / 6 / 4 / 7 / 5 / 6 5 / 6 / 4 / 7 / 5 / 6 / 3 / 8 / 5 / 6 5 / 6 / 3 / 8 / 5 / 6 / 4 / 7 / 5 / 6 5 / 6 / 4 / 7 / 5 / 6 / 3 / 8 / 5 / 6 5 / 6 / 3 / 8 / 5 / 6 / 4 / 7 / 5 / 6 5 / 6 / 4 / 7 / 5 / 6 / 3 / 8 / 5 / 6

Why 60 realms?

Because the game is designed for 2 to 6 people and only 60 is equally devisable by all of the numbers from 2 to 6.

60/2 = 30 Realms per player when starting
    60/3 = 20 Realms per player when starting
    60/4 = 15 Realms per player when starting
    60/5 = 12 Realms per player when starting
    60/6 = 10 Realms per player when starting
    I now create a Bleed sheet and use a Temporary layer. I set the fill style on solid and make the fill red. This makes it real clear where I want my boundaries to be.
      Gameboard 5.png
    I ended up with too much land and not enough sea for my taste so I decided to reduce the size of each realm

4 / 5 / 2 / 7 / 4 / 5 / 3 / 6 / 4 / 5
    4 / 5 / 3 / 6 / 4 / 5 / 2 / 7 / 4 / 5
    4 / 5 / 2 / 7 / 4 / 5 / 3 / 6 / 4 / 5

4 / 5 / 2 / 7 / 3 / 5 / 3 / 6 / 4 / 5

Still too much land .... LoL! :-)

3 / 4 / 1 / 6 / 3 / 4 / 2 / 5 / 3 / 4
    3 / 4 / 2 / 5 / 3 / 4 / 1 / 6 / 3 / 4
    3 / 4 / 1 / 6 / 3 / 4 / 2 / 5 / 3 / 4

3 / 4 / 1 / 6 / 2 / 4 / 2 / 5 / 3 / 4

Looks like I finally got the skeleton of my world built. It is a lot harder than just throwing up a good looking map. Trying to make sure you have those 60 spaces is real difficult. LoL! :-)
      Gameboard 52.png
    Now we are getting something that look likes a map... LoL! :-)
      Gameboard 6.png
    A little bit of work on the ocean and seas
      Gameboard 7.png
    The Realms....Bwa, ha, ha!
      Gameboard 8.png
    Just some finished touches left to do. :-)
      Gameboard 9.png
    I finished it off, but it is a huge file. You can download the high resolution file from this link if you would like. Thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WgyeF5z4vFcFZwSsjBVbIUuwz6sEFJQn/view?usp=sharing
    Front and back images of the Paragons of Salvare and Warrior tokens
      Paragon of Salvare and Warrior Tokens.jpg
    I had my first full play test last night and it went great. But I want to say thanks once again to this company and the great products that they put out. And, the awesome support that I have always gotten from their team and the people on this forum. I have learned so much from everyone here.
    I updated my game board. You can look at the full size version at: https://www.deviantart.com/charleswaynerobinson/art/Godhiede-Board-Game-755827227
      Godhiede 7_500.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2018

This is truly great Charles. Perhaps you should do one of say, Doriant in the Atlas. And I know we would all love to see another beautiful map of yours in the Atlas.
    As far as learning from us is concerned, i have to thankfully acknowledge how much I have learnt from you (and others of course).
    Thanks Quenten! :-)
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2018

Excellent, Charles! Like the use of the ship markers to indicate the viable sea routes especially.

Might be worth moving the Fate Deck rectangle slightly further away from the land edge, though I appreciate it'll be to match the relative location of the Mystic Deck rectangle currently. Just I think we all know that in play, the Fate cards are going to end up spilling into the Gigoloth land space all too readily...
    Lol! The Fates have destroyed Gigoloth! Now that is true divine retribution. Lol! :-)
    Just a quick share of one of my own digital art designs for the Godhiede game project: The Hounds of Slaga, the Goddess of War and Never Ending Fire!
      The Hounds of Slaga 2.png
    Here are two link for the project. Click on the photo to get a bigger clearer picture. The first on is for the game bod lid and the second one is for the box itself. I could not have done it without ProFantasy's awesome programs and support over the years. You guys rock! :-)

https://www.deviantart.com/charleswaynerobinson/art/Game-Box-Lid-for-Godhiede-757597515

https://www.deviantart.com/charleswaynerobinson/art/Game-Box-for-Godhiede-757598667
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2018

Charles, shouldn't the box lid text say "...ruler of the gods"?
    Argh! Lol?

I kept reading ruler of the gods.

That is what happens when you spend 4 weeks averaging 3 to 5 hours of sleep per night. Thanks for the catch.