CC3+ Diorama

So, after much anticipated waiting, Diorama 3 is finally out.

YAY! I thought! Now I can finally make some kick-butt cool Buildings in 6mm Scale for Battletech!....Except It appears I have a few issues:

1. 6mm is not supported
2. No 'Modern/Sci-Fi' fill styles

Those 2 things are not a deterrent mind you, and both can easily be fixed I think.

As far as 6mm goes, I can always print to PDF at 30mm and then resize in any photo-editing software by a factor of 5 (30 / 5 = 6)

Next up, is of course, no Modern Fill Styles/Symbols.

This is a little trickier as I'm not the most naturally artistic when it comes to comes to drawing, but I'm fairly certain I can whip something up.

Once I figure it out, I'll post up what I can.

Looks to be nice to finally have an updated Version 3 of Diorama tho!

Comments

• So we can install it??? It is already in the library?
  • NeonKnightNeonKnight Traveler
    edited July 2018
    Yep... Already installed and loaded on My PC.

Don't know how this'll work for you, but got mine at 40% off due to already owning Diorama Pro

http://rpgmaps.profantasy.com/?p=4454
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I've been wondering what kind of fills constitute a set of Sci-Fi fills.

Maybe if you gave me a list I might have something to share. No promises, though, because unless its already made and just sitting in my personal library, it will definitely have to wait for at least a couple of months.
  • I am installing it right now!
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited July 2018
    Posted By: LoopysueI've been wondering what kind of fills constitute a set of Sci-Fi fills.
    Various metal fills (sleek, rusty, riveted, tiles, etc), "hi-tech surfaces" (lights, cables, screens and so on). I am thinking a lot of the more modern stuff will work too (modern floor/wall coverings, building materials). In many cases a tweaked version of something modern so it is very similar to what we use today, but just a few tweaks to make it look "different".
    Just as for fantasy though, only imagination is the limit. Depending on the setting, the desire might be for either "neat and clean" stuff, or "worn and gritty".
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Hmmm...

I have a couple of metal walkway fills, but nothing else as yet. I'll have a think about that when I'm done with my current projects.

Thanks, Remy :)
  • Posted By: Monsen
    Posted By: LoopysueI've been wondering what kind of fills constitute a set of Sci-Fi fills.
    Various metal fills (sleek, rusty, riveted, tiles, etc), "hi-tech surfaces" (lights, cables, screens and so on). I am thinking a lot of the more modern stuff will work too (modern floor/wall coverings, building materials). In many cases a tweaked version of something modern so it is very similar to what we use today, but just a few tweaks to make it look "different".
    Just as for fantasy though, only imagination is the limit. Depending on the setting, the desire might be for either "neat and clean" stuff, or "worn and gritty".
    Concrete, Windows (lots of Windows!)
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited July 2018
    Annual issues 67 and 70, HighSpace tiles, have a number of metal bitmap fills; like metal flooring, different types of floor plates, etc.