Symbol problems with 3.84

Hi All, apologies if this already raised.

I have just installed CC3+ with update 17a - into C:\CC3plus as is (or was) the current wisdom.

1. open CC3+ - there are no symbols in the symbols bar.
2. click on LH green button at top - I get the activity whirly thing, then CC3+ exists (as in: there it was, gone)
3. open CC3+ again, again no symbols.
4. click on RH button at top - I get dialog to select symbols catalog - I get symbols
5. click on LH green button again, now I got symbols there too (keep clicking this button, symbols sets toggle as expected)
6. do a change to map, then exit, doing a save as expected.
7. goto 1.

Having just come back to CC3+, this is not a good sign

Comments

• Addendum:

Before I installed, I backed up the 3.72 folder. Now, after the above, if I switch the installation folders so i'm using 3.72, everything works again. Then switch back, result as described above.

A quickie - having installed CC3+ 3.84, do I need to reinstall DD3 and CD3? The 3.84 menu bar has no buttons for those, so I guess yes
  • OK I fixed it. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of 3.84, as Administrator this time, which again gave me the problem as described above. But then I installed DD and CD for CC3+, also as Administrator, and the problem went away.

Great for me, but maybe a problem for anyone who only wants CC3+ installed?

Obviously, this last installation also answered my query about missing buttons :D
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited July 2018
    Its great to know that you resolved it yourself :)

Have you let Tech Support know about this problem so it doesn't cause problems for anyone less capable than yourself?

Like you say - its ok for those of us who have the main add-ons, but what about people who just have CC3+?

And PF are really good at sorting things out ;)
  • OK I let Tech know about it.

Ralf said he could not reproduce it, but will keep an eye on it.

I have to say that now that is solved for me, any problems with symbols I have reported in the past also appear to have been fixed/improved, so I guess 3.84 is win-win :)
  • Are you opening an old map from CC3 ? Thats what hapens to me when I do that.

Making a new map in CC3+, it doesn't happen to me.