Can't edit closed polygons that have no fill

Title pretty much sims up the problem. If I have have an entity that's a simple polygon (straight, no fractalization) using simple black lines, is closed, and isn't filled, i.e. like this:

I can't edit it. These entities are created by drawtools, not by using the simple "create polygon" tools on the right, and when I select the same tool used to make the entity, the edit option is there, I can hit E and it asks me to pick a start node. But clicking on any of the nodes in the entity does nothing, it just resets the command line back to "Polygon: First Point (E - Edit)" as if I had clicked on an "invalid" point.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening? Thanks!

Comments

• If the lines have any width apart from 0, they will not appear closed. Do a List to see what the width of the lines are, and/or change the width to zero.
  • CielCiel Traveler
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for the quick reply! I checked, and the line width is already at 0:

Unfortunate, when I saw the reply, I was hoping you had the right of it and this would be a quick fix, lol
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I'm not sure why this is happening, but you could try just moving the nodes with the move node tool?

I'm not really clear about whether the problem is that you can't move the nodes, or that the poly is hollow. If you want to fill it with a solid colour or a fill, use the Properties tool (the paint bucket button on the left)
  • PeteFPeteF Traveler
    When this once happened to me it was because the layer that the poly was in had become frozen (no idea how - probably my usual incompetence!).
  • CielCiel Traveler
    Ah I forgot to mention it before, but I checked to make sure the layer wasn't frozen. It's a good thing to bring up tho, I think that's happened to all of us at one point or another! "Why won't it let me trace this coast!? Oh... right."

But yeah, in this case, that isn't the culprit either. Per Quenten's second suggestion, this morning I tried using Path to Poly on it, but no change there.

I tried the Node Edit tool (which I'd never used before). It took me a minute to get the hang of it, but I think I see how it works now. It's not as smooth a process as the normal drawtool "Edit", where you can just draw freely like you would if you were making a new entity, but it at least can get the job done. So thanks for that recommendation Loopysue!

That being said, if anyone has any other ideas as to why the drawtool Edit won't work, I'd still be interested in hearing em and trying to get it to work!
  • The only thing I could get to work was drawn a polygon on another layer, and delete the original.