2 new CC3 drawing styles

Simon posted the following on the mailing list:
I thought you might like to see a sneak preview of a couple of new, free
overland styles which Ralf has put together for release next week.

http://simonjrogers.livejournal.com/98639.html
I've added another preview to my own blog, as I finished up the mapping guide for the b&w style.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I'd like to thank you guys for doing this. Extra styles add value to the base product. The new styles also look very nice.
  • I can't wait to try these out! Thank you for adding these.
  • 8 days later
  • DargurdDargurd Traveler
    Hi All,

Where can i find these new styles ? Ive checked out my Registration page and there doesn't appear to be any link - am i missing something ?

Regards...
  • edited March 2009
    Thanks for these. They were a nice surprise. :)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: DargurdWhere can i find these new styles ? Ive checked out my Registration page and there doesn't appear to be any link - am i missing something ?
    Have you registered CC3? I believe that is a prerequisite for them to turn up.
    They should appear among the links to the right, under the heading "CC3 Vector drawing styles", which appear right after the Patch 7 download section.
  • I love these new styles and not just because they were free. Great job and good thinking. I noticed under the color style there were only sea contours under the contour tools. Was this on purpose?
  • Posted By: Monsen
    Posted By: DargurdWhere can i find these new styles ? Ive checked out my Registration page and there doesn't appear to be any link - am i missing something ?
    Have you registered CC3? I believe that is a prerequisite for them to turn up.
    They should appear among the links to the right, under the heading "CC3 Vector drawing styles", which appear right after the Patch 7 download section.
    Found them thanks. I must have seen this link several times but it didnt register as the new styles - DOH !
  • I'm having troubles installing them...I'm getting errors. It first complains that it can't open "regadd.bat" and then it complains that it can't open regadd.reg.

Should I ask about this here, or is there a better forum? (Should I just go directly to customer support? I was thinking it might be useful to ask here if it's a common problem with useful solution...but if it's just me...)
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    You're running Vista, right? Make sure to use the "Run as Administrator" option when running the installation exe.
  • edited April 2009
    I seem to be missing a few things. After installing the new styles, I went to create a new map. (CC3 color vector mapping style) The last screen of the set-up process gives you the chance to set the background bitmap for the map. Several of the choices result in large red X's appearing on the screen (which means the associated bitmaps are not there). The ones that I remember are: RS Sea (all options), Ocean, Farmlands, Fens, Grasslands, Merc, and Evil.

What exactly does this mean, and how do I fix it?
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    This only means that same Bitmap fill styles where left in the template which shouldn't be there. Simply ignore these and choose other backgrounds. I'll remove them from the templates when I get around to it..