Temples question...

This is a copy of the question I've just asked over on the FB Group page. I've copied it here for the benefit of people who prefer to use just the forum :)

Just supposing... I ended up doing some kind of temple annual of some kind along the lines of the Japanese temples I just did, and the churches I'm working on (shown again below just for reference). What kind of buildings would you all want?

I'm open to suggestions. Maybe if you get a screen shot of the ideal building from Google maps in satellite view and post it here along with a link to that view of the map?
Can't make any promises, but at least I can attempt to do some of them for you :)

Comments

• JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited July 2018
    Some different villager homes, to go with those fantastic buildings, would be great ! One of my Traveller alternate universe governments is based on Ancient Japan.

edit: I couldn't find overhead views on thge pages i looked at, but the first site has preserved ancient buildings, or reconstructions.

Japanese villages

Japanese house history Kid's site.

I found others, but they had too many adverts on them.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited July 2018
    I'm hoping to do a handful of homes to go with each type of temple. I don't know how many there will be, but even if there aren't enough I'm also hoping the roof fills I used might be included, so that you can make your own shaded poly buildings to match ;)

Thanks for the links - much appreciated :)
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited July 2018
    One of the villager homes I found that should be easy to make into a symbol: straw/thatch roof, circular mound, they dig a pit into a small mound/hill, and put the thatch over that. A path to the house is slightly dug into the hill as the path approaches the house.

You're welcome.