Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2018

I've been working away making a new set of fills. This is still very much a WIP but I thought I'd post some of what I've done and see what anyone thinks...
      Fills 1.jpg
    • CommentAuthorScottA

And...
      Fills 2.jpg
    • CommentAuthorSilverdrop

They look quite nice. Are they seamless repeatable textures?

Another tip for the water textures, use the same pattern but with different tone/colors, this will make transition from one water fill into the another with edge fades smoother and looking more natural. The same goes for any other fills that are essentially just variation of each other (different gradiants of dirt or rock etc.)
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Those are brilliant, Scott :D

Silverdrop - I have an eye for patterns. Those water fills are based on the same pattern. I hope Scott doesn't mind me answering your question, but I happen to know that he uses Genetica like I do, so those are almost certainly seamless fills ;)
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Excellent fills, Scott! I particularly like the wood floor!
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Thanks all. Yes, Sue is correct, those are seamless textures made in (mostly) Genetica (with maybe a little dabbling in GIMP on some of them). And those with multiple fills are all based on the same one so they blend together better (the water, the grass, the dirt). Seeing them here like this I notice a few that still need a little work...
    • CommentAuthorSilverdrop
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2018 edited

I must have been looking at the wrong part and fooled my own eyes, I see now (with a second look) that they are indeed the same pattern. So ignore my comment on that, I must not have been fully awake yet ;).

I just work a lot with (mostly wood) textures for my job (writing visual planning software for the furniture industry) and at times have to adapt non-repeatable wood-patterns into seamless textures, so I'm always wary of visuals that look good at first sight but when repeated quickly fall apart. Hence the question.

Great job all in all though. And definitely interested in them if you feel inclined to share. Some of those would go great in the new city-scale style I'm trying to develop for my campaign (see my WIP Spellwind post) The water in fact looks remarkably similar to the water texture I used, so style-wise it would certainly fit.
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Well, as I say, it's still a work in progress. Once I'm finished they'll be available somewhere.
    Nice work :)
    I loved them! Very nice work my friend!
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2018

Thank you so much.