Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2018 edited

Well, I needed a little break from the Manor House, and so finished a map of Themisia I had started a while ago. It is a kingdom precariously sandwiched between the powers of the Leonder Imperium and the Irisian City States, which have been on the verge of war for some years now. It is likely that the king will ask for Irisian protection from the expected invasion by Leonder, and diplomatic efforts are under way. Needless to say, the greedy Irisians are looking to annex Themisia in all but name, a fact King Alexios Staminder is only too aware of.
    In addition, the wilderness of the Moliazo Hills contains a ruined fortress (Hezlo Fort), which is the cover for a continent wide secret organization aimed at controlling portal gates to other worlds (Earth in particular). More of that later when I finish the Hellenic portal map, which will go here.
    So here it is - perhaps a little more tidying, perhaps a nautical/sea monster themed frame. Please help as per usual with your critique and suggestions.
    And Dogtag -- the mermaid is there! :D
      Themisia.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2018

Here is my (hopefully) final version. I chose a bloody military theme. Critique please.
      Themisia2.PNG
    • CommentAuthorGThiel

Might I suggest you use a different color (or colour for you people you can't spell) for the text of the different Polities? And the "peach" border color doesn't feel very "Game of Thronish."
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Good idea about the colour (pity that the US can neither spell nor vote correctly, but there it is... :) ). Will think about the border, but I do see what you mean.
    • CommentAuthorGThiel

There is a nice "blood" bitmap that might look good. Here is Blood 3_ca125
      Capture.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Thanks. I'll try it and see.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

That is a rather nice colour isn't it :)
    • CommentAuthorGThiel

Which, the Pink Fizz or Ye Old Blood and Gore??
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Blood 3 :)

I like burgundy colours. Burgundy and pale cream, maybe with two shades of blue towards the blue-green side of pure blue.

See? Its another new-born colour scheme just begging to be mapped as something pretty.
    • CommentAuthorGThiel

We are all waiting on pins and needles waiting for you to use your new COLOR scheme on something :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Jerry, you really shouldn't capitalize your spelling errors. 3:)
    • CommentAuthorGThiel

Just trying to ensure that blind people who would use Peach as a border color could read my comment .. .. ..
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

LOL. Point, set and match to you, sir.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2018 edited

Final map. Lightened the fill suggested by Jerry (which was a very good suggestion), and changed the colours of the borders and text for Leonder and Irisia.
    I will submit this later today, when i have completed the Map Notes.
    I want to do a castle and village based on Dunluce Castle I saw in Northern Ireland last year. Probably on the South coast somewhere - Myktolos castle.
      Themisia3.PNG
      Dunluce Castle - village (small).jpg
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2018

Much better!

And that reconstruction of Dunluce Castle and Town is a seriously pretty map.

Lovely... colours! :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I just love the way you have with colour too, Sue.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Thank you :)

Colours are (and always have been) very important to me.