how to make one sharp corner/node on a smooth shape

Is there a keyboart shortcut or other way to make a single node sharp or smooth? In other words, I want a shape with some hard/sharp corners and some smoothed corners?
Thx!

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    When drawing a smooth line, press C to make the next node a corner :)

I don't know if there is one to make a smooth node on a straight path, but if you think about it the C trick means you don't really need it.
  • PeteFPeteF Traveler
    Can you change a smooth node to a corner one after you have drawn it i.e when editing the line/shape?
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I've just checked the Tome, and unless I'm not looking in the right place I don't think you can.

If it IS possible I would really like to know about it too :)
  • PeteFPeteF Traveler
    Thanks Sue - I wonder if anyone from PF is reading this then can better polygon/path handling be put on the wish-list for development please. I would be asking for an implementation of fully editable composite Bézier curves. This is the standard in just about every other vector software application the days and I often really struggle without it.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited July 2018
    Smooth shapes cannot have sharp corners, but you can do a workaround but placing 3 nodes on top of each other where you want the corner. This is what hitting 'C' does for you automatically, but you can add the nodes manually yourself to an existing shape to get the same result.