Change grid co-ord origin

Is it possible to change the numbered grid co-ordinates so 0,0 isn't at the bottom left? And in the same vane, change the counting order? I'm trying to do a grid overlay on a map, but instead of 0,0 being in the bottom left I need it in the top right, so it counts up going right -> left and top -> bottom, instead of left -> right and bottom -> top.

Also while I'm at it, how do I make the grid lines thicker?

Thanks

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    While you can change the origin on a map, via View -> Move Origin this won't change how grid cells are numbered. To get the layout you want, you'll need to edit the numbers themselves. This can be done via the numberic edit command from near the bottom of the leftmost toolbar set. Note that the grid is grouped by default, so to edit individual number, first unlock groups by clicking on the button labeled Locked in the bottom right corner.
    To make the grid lines thicker, simply use change properties on them. With groups unlocked, you can affect individual lines, or with them locked, the entire grid. (You may need to unlock them to give the outer border special treatment)
  • kalnarenkalnaren Newcomer
    Thanks. Solved the grid line problem.. I was using "change properties" instead of "edit properties", so I didn't realize it was applying the grass texture instead of a solid line, which explains why I was having issues there.

On the number thing, I click on 'Numeric Edit', and it prompts me to select the entity to edit, but no matter what I click on it never seems to register it and just goes back to the command prompt [within the program].
  • On my cell.

Check your layers and see if they are frozen. Click on the thaw all button. Then click okay to exit the layer popup.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Also remember text have to be selected by the baseline. Numeric edit will fail silently if you didn't select anything, or if you selected an entity that can't be edited this way. Make sure your groups are unlocked.
  • kalnarenkalnaren Newcomer
    Thanks.

Ok, so i have to edit each number individually. Labour intensive but better than nothing.