Trouble with installing Vyntiri, Boogie and Dunjinni

Hello all!
I bought CC3+ quite a while ago, but am getting around to using it a lot lately. I tried installing the Vyntiri symbol, the Dundjinni symbols and BoogieMaps Symbols, but each time I try, it gets to the point where the DOS window is supposed to pop up and verify that it was installed correctly. It pops up for just a fraction of a second, then nothing happens. I followed the instructions at every step. Can't figure out what I am doing that causes this. I get this on all of them.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The dos window is supposed to close quickly, it just does some quick maintenance work and is done.

Have you tried opening up CC3+ and enabling the toolbars?
  • Yes, I have. The toolbars are open, and nothing is showing up.
    Try running the menu_recovery.bat file from your CC3+ data directory, that should rebuild the menus.

Before doing that, also make sure you have the latest update to CC3+ installed. Especially if you have installed add-ons after installing the latest update, you should install it again.
  • 5 years later
  • I am having problems with Vintyri catalogs i have installed but the one called Vintary Cartographic dosnt shows any symbols :S

EdE

The filters those buttons use are set up to be compatible with the standard CD3 style cities. When used with other styles, they simply doesn't find the correct master filter, and ends up displaying the default set of symbols from whatever style your map is in.

You can toggle the filters used by using the Symbol Style Toggle button. Each click switches to the next style in the list, or you can right click the button, pick master filter settings, and pick the desired one (These buttons want the CD3 Bitmap A one). Some styles may not have the right option in the list however, so another way of doing it is to click the City Menu button once.

Note that changing symbol style will affect all other symbol buttons too though. The easiest way to get back to where it should be for your maps if you can't seem to do so using Symbol Style Toggle is to simply save your map, then go to the File menu, and pick your just saved map from the top of the recent file list. This reloads the map, including restoring the default settings for that map.

LoopysueJimPTakoTsubo
  • @Monsen thax for your explanation but i think is not the problem, i think is a bug with the install or something like that, I wrote to the email of the project too. Cause i check all the things on the FAQs and everthing appears be nice

Are all the folders in the proper locations? Those blank entries in the latest screenshot of yours is typical indication of symbol catalogs not being where they are supposed to be. Basically, the config in CC3 says that a catalog should exist, but the actual catalog file is not found.

For example, that top catalog file in the screenshot is expected to be found at

@Symbols\Medieval Symbols\Artisan Buildings Wooden Shingle.FSC

(Remember that @ represents the location of your CC3+ data directory, so with a default CC3+ install, this would be c:\ProgramData\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols\Medieval Symbols\Artisan Buildings Wooden Shingle.FSC)

If there are any differences at all here (such as an extra folder in the middle or that path, or a missing folder) it indicates that things are not where they are supposed to be, and something has gone wrong at some point.

JimP