Cannot see my new PNG symbols.

I am trying to create PNG files to use as symbols. When I drag the file into one of the folders and double click to open it does not appear. Are there files sizes or picture size limits that may be causing a problem? Does anyone know what I need to do to make it work?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Symbols must be stored in a folder within the Symbols folder itself. This is usually here:

C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols

It is a good idea to keep your homemade symbols separate from the built in sets, so most people add a new folder within Symbols called "User", and then further divide that storage space with subfolders, depending on what type of symbols you have. I have one called Parchments where I store all my parchments.

If you are trying to use pngs stored in a folder that isn't within Symbols, that might be the problem.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Once you have the symbol in the right place, you need to import it using the Symbol Manager (menu item). Its a fairly straightforward process.

When you have a few in the same subfolder it is always best to make a new catalogue, but I'm getting way ahead of myself here ;)