Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2018

My Thredeov map has gone all blank which happened when I zoomed out from a zoom in. Is there a way to reteive it - a lot of work has gone into it already. I know there was a work around for this when it happened before. I have tried zooming out to extents, and restarting the map - no show. Sob sob sob.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

This will only work if for some reason you have a symbol or node way off the map...

Hide all the sheets except BACKGROUND, then zoom extents.

If you get the background its nothing on that sheet.

Then hide all the sheets except BACKGROUND and BACKGROUND CITY, and zoom extents.

If you still get both, its nothing on either of them.

Carry on revealing all the sheets and zooming extents each time until you find the one that makes everything disappear.

Then hide all the sheets except the one that made everything disappear, zoom extents, and act as if you are going to delete all the objects on that sheet, and select everything with the biggest box you can draw in that window, and hopefully you will see a large pink dot, and another very small one. The large pink dot will be the map. The smaller one will be what you need to zoom into to remove.

- It worked once for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I have no sheets on the map now, and I cannot add any preset sheet effect.
    Here is the fcw
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf

The map seems fine here - if a bit slow to display. I've disabled aligned fill styles and roof shading for the time being and re-saved the map. Can you see the attached version correctly?
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

I'm glad you were able to open it, Ralf. I just got a brief glimpse of pixels that were about 4cm square, and then it crashed CC3+ and my browser window in one go.

I guess it needs a bit more than 1.5 GB RAM
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

It works, thanks so much. what was the problem?
    BTW, Ralf, you are just super for fixing this so quickly. Another example of proFantasy excellence.
    • CommentAuthorScottA

OMG! That would be awful if you lost a whole map! So glad it was retrievable from whatever occurred. That is a heart-stopping moment, for sure!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Quick cardioversion administered by my darling wife.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

And all this on a Sunday morning... well, its Sunday over here ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf

I don't know what was wrong with it, it opened fine here. But large city maps with aligned bitmap fills and roof shading are bad memory hogs. Which is why I recommend to those off (click the Display Speed button for the options) while working on such maps.