HIDDEN LINKS layer missing

After a 5 year gap from mapping I just reinstalled CC3+ , CD3 ect...

At first CC3+ seemded to work fine.
But after installing CA3 or CD3 (I forgot which one) I get an error when opening CC3+

A message box pops up that says there is no HIDDEN LINKS layer.
Everything seems to work fine but its annoying.

Help would be apprciated.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Have you installed all the latest updates? (I think we are on 17a for CC3+ now)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    This message is usually caused by running one of the macros belonging to the "Source Maps" series on a map not belonging to that product, and is thus map-specific. Try starting CC3+ with a different start-up map, either by double-clicking one of your maps to start CC3+ that way instead of starting it from the desktop/start menu icon, or start CC3+ normally, load a different map, and then shut down CC3+ normally, and start it again. Does the error still show up?
  • Henrie61Henrie61 Traveler
    @Monsen
    Did as you said.
    Still have the problem.
    Did a bit more testing.
    Only seems to happen if I go to one of the addons (CD3, CA3 or DD3) and then go back to CC3+
    When I press the CC3+ button I get the error.
  • It sounds like its not in a particular template, but It might be used with that template. You can always add it to your current map.
  • edited June 2018
    I recently reinstalled CC3+ and DD3+ and I'm having the same issue. It happens when trying to switch between the Dungeon Map and the Map Menu.

I've used a new map, old map, sample map. Will keep playing with it.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    If you overwrite your existing macro file (FCW32.mac in ProgramData/Profantasy/CC3Plus) with the macro file that I've attached here (unzip it first), does that get rid of the issue?
  • Henrie61Henrie61 Traveler
    @Ralf
    Unzipped and copied the file into the mentioned folder but the problem is still there.
  • 19 days later
  • I recently ran into this issue and was able to solve it. Here is what I did:

1. I uninstalled my previous installation and then manually wiped out all traces off the disk (the uninstaller left a lot of files).

2. Redownloaded the CC+ installation and installed it. I confirmed I had this same issue with a clean install.

3. Even though my version in Help>About was showing 3.84 I downloaded and installed the 17a patch.

4. All my problems were solved after the patch.