FTPro Rivers

I'm new to all of the ProFantasy software. So, no suggestions are too obvious.

When I first started playing with FTPro, the rivers I generated appeared to be vector drawings. They were always of a given width whether I was zoomed out or in. They would appear as soon as I clicked the final OK in the river generation process. When I exported a map to CC3, the rivers were always there.

Now, the rivers only seem to exist as bmp overlays. They get coarse when zoomed in. When generating rivers I have to select the "keep rivers in overlay" to generate anything and I have to go to the overlay window to make them visible. When I export the map to CC3, there are no rivers, anywhere.

I've been manipulating the same map for a while, so I suspect that I changed something. While perusing the discussions, I noticed that someone fixed a similar problem by reducing some rainfalls of greater than a million. I didn't have any really high rainfalls, but I did have some below zero. I believe that I raised all of the values above zero, and ther was no change.

What am I doing wrong?

On a related note, is it possible to redefine 180-deg longitude to correct the straight line river glitch? I was thinking that if 180-deg longitude didn't pass through any rivers, that there wouldn't be a problem.

Comments

• 1 month later
  • After much experimenting, and not a few Turret's moments, I found a solution to my problems.

The primary symptom was that FTPro would not generate rivers as vector data, only as an overlay. I reloaded FTPro, but nothing changed. I created another world and successfully generated vector rivers. I went back to an earlier save of my world and successfully generated rivers. My conclusion is that my later saves were currupted. With minimal groaning, I started over again from the earlier save.

I was also having issues with CC3. The tool menus were coming and going and changing their contents seemingly at randomly. Also, I could not select map elements. Reloading it fixed the problems.

My solution to the rivers at 180-deg longitude problem is simply to Explode and Delete the rivers in CC3. That doesn't address the problem from an FTPro standpoint, but I just need campaign maps.