Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2018 edited

The Community Atlas just passed 200 maps. This milestone was reached when Lorelei posted her Lonely Well Inn maps for the floorplan challenge.

Many thanks to everyone who has contributed for getting us this far.

Below is a collage containing every single map in the atlas as of today (June 10th, 2018)

collage2002.jpg
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2018

Woo-hooo!

Congratulations! :D
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Hurrah !
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Cool.  B-)

Congratulations.
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Fantastic!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Absolutely great. I note I have 44 maps there - not bad. And my improvement from my first map of Artemisia is outstanding, thanks to all the help I have received from everyone on the forum
    • CommentAuthorScottA

44? Wow! You are a map-making machine!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Not so much lately.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2018

This is really wonderful.

44 maps Quenten? You are amazing. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

But the quality is definitely NOT Shessar-Lorelei-Loopy Sue-Scott A-HadrianV!-Charles Robinson standard. But I am improving
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Maybe they are not quite as visually stunning as certain other maps, but they are still good, nice-looking maps, definitively something to be proud of.
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Oh, but Quenten, I've always enjoyed the maps you've done. To me they very much capture the areas and cultures that they represent. You have your own style and that is neither better nor worse than the style of anyone else. I'm sure you've improved after making 44 maps LOL, but that doesn't mean that there was a problem with what came before.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

They are no better or worse than all those you mentioned, Quenten. All maps are beautiful. They are just different. That is all :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I guess I am my own critic (which is as it should be), but i have learned so much from you all, and others whom I have not mentioned, some of whom are yet to contribute. This forum is great, but by submitting to the Atlas, and receiving helpful critique, often laced with humour (who can forget Baron Dogtagge and that mermaid) one grow in skill very quickly. JimP's perspective dungeons are a good case in point - they just get better and better.

Having said that, I do miss 2 people who have slipped into the blue beyond - Pixelkitteh and HadrianV!. I hope they return someday - I would love to see Vyrn city in the Atlas.