Creating PDF's

What is the best way to go about converting files from CC3+ to PDF?

I have made a JPEG and then converted to PDF but a lot of resolution is lost.

What should I do?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited June 2018
    I know that you already have an answer that you are satisfied with over on the FB group page, but for the benefit of others who might be reading this thread...

First ensure that you have exported a high quality bitmap of the map. in the "File/Save as..." dialogue you can do this by selecting any of the PNG options available in the dropdown box for file type (png files are better quality than jpg files), then clicking the options button and setting the height and width in pixels to at least 2 or 3 times the height and width of your map in map units. Set the ppi to 300, and antialiasing to about 30-50 %.

Then when you convert to pdf ensure you are using print quality settings - especially the ppi/dpi to 300.
    EukalyptusNow
  • 4 years later
  • Hi everybody!

I've got a follow up inquiry/suggestion: Are there any plans to add multy layer pdf export?

The reason I ask is, that I drew tiles for a boardgame. These should be printed and cut by an professional printer service. They asked me to send them a multi layer pdf where 1 Layer is the picture itself, one layer is for adjusting the cutter to the paper and one layer is for the cutting lines.

Now I do understand that pdf export is not a thing at the moment and won't be in the near future, but maybe for a future version that would be great!

For the moment I'll work with other programs to compile such a file.