River and text problems.

This is a map I am working on at the moment.

I am having a problem with the roads and rivers. They have been assigned colours but still have a white line running down through them. I am not sure where this came from or how to get rid of it.

I also am using a white text for the name place tags. I would really like to use this as I think it looks well. However, it does not work well with the background on this map. I would really like to be able to have a black outline around the letters to make them stand out. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Here is a JPeg of the map for easy viewing.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I can see in this slightly larger image its not the sheet effects at all. I have to go out right now, or I would open the file and have a look, but it does look like you have some extra lines in there somewhere that need deleting. Not sure how you managed to duplicate the rivers and straighten them all at the same time...
  • I think this might have happened when I was using the change properties tool.

I was trying to change the colour of all the text tags and clicked on white. then I dragged over the entire map before clicking do it. Then I ticked the colour box and everything went white.

All the rivers, roads and text changed to white.

When I changed the colours of the roads and rivers back, they were left with the draw lines visible and all in white for these entities.

If you zoom in on the actual outlines of backgrounds lige farm fields and so on, you can see the white draw lines around these too.

Is there any way to undo this?
  • You have Frames turned on. To turn them off again simply type CTRL-F.

Frames allow you to see where the nodes are on a smooth path.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    As for the text, if you want to outline it in black, see if there is a Glow or Outer Glow effect on the text sheet and change the color to black. If there is no Glow or Outer Glow effect then add one, and set the color to black. Note that Outer Glow gives you more control but either one should normally do the trick.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited June 2018
    Oh, and really nice map, by the way. I love that you just mapped the area you wanted. That gives a pretty neat effect to the overall map. Also, your rivers are very nicely done!