Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorGrimmric
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2018 edited

I was wondering if there is a place where we can upload maps so other people can use it.
    I know about the community project, but there are some things that for me is a bit of a hurdle.
    You need to find a place in the world and a building where it could fit.
    Dont get me wrong.
    I love the idea and i will probably add some maps at a later time.
    But when i was trying to find some maps of inns a while ago, i didnt find what i wanted very easy.
    And the downloads from Profantasy seems to be from 2012.
    So my question is, if there is a place where we could upload battlemaps, Inns and such that has no specific place in a world.
    See below my Red Raven Inn and a Campsite for abushes or resting.
      Red Raven Inn compressed.JPG
      Battlemat1 compressed.JPG
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2018

Only thing I can think of is to get an account on a Web Host. The only one I have lasting experience with is www.crosswinds.net
    • CommentAuthorJosh.P.

Create an account on DriveThruRPG / DMsGuild.com. Load the maps as PWYW. Then people can help themselves for freee but you also might make some $$.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

They're really nice maps, Grimmric :)
    • CommentAuthorseycyrus
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2018 edited

Posted By: Grimmric...
    See below my Red Raven Inn and a Campsite for abushes or resting....

Nice maps! Is there any way you could post them without the grid?
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Nice maps! You could just post your .fcw to this forum :)
    • CommentAuthorGrimmric
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2018

DriveThruRPG seems to be a good place to host it if i just understand how it works.
    Even though its not bringing in any cash, i might get some statistic on how many times it has been downloaded.
    I will create about 10-15 battlemaps that i label Campfire as we are planning to use them for ambushes and resting in my group, when we play DnD 5 edition.
    I post Red Raven Inn without grids below.
    I also post the first five battlemaps. Those are also without grids, but they are created to print on A4 with grids for easy use with miniatures.
    And thank you for the feedback.
      Red Raven Inn compressed2.JPG
    • CommentAuthorGrimmric
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2018 edited

And below are my Campfires from 1-5
      Campfire 1 compressed.JPG
      Campfire 2 compressed.JPG
      Campfire 3 compressed.JPG
      Campfire 4 compressed.JPG
      Campfire 5 compressed.JPG
    • CommentAuthorErdrix
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2018

I uploaded mine to DeviantArt.
    I was going to suggest the Map & Catalog Library here, but I don't see any way to upload anything...

There is the Cartographer's Guild where you can create your own Gallery.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2018

You can have your own album at Cartographer's Guild, but unless you join in on the forums and become reasonably well known, and hyperlink to your albums from your signature strip, no one will ever be drawn to have a look at them. I've had over 35,000 visitors to my Guild Profile page in the last 2 years, but I expect a lot of them where drawn by the hyperlink to my textures album I have in my signature strip ;)

I also talk a hell of a lot. Over 7000 comments? Can't remember the actual number. So the links in my signature strip are literally all over the site. You can't really miss them.
    I need to create a link to my gallery in my signature over there... that's the one thing I haven't done.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2018

I don't think DriveThru would alow gigabytes of free uploads from one person, but i could be wrong. I like having a web site with my web host, as I have total control over my items, and my copyright.