Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2018 edited

I have the basic layout finished. Now, I just have to do the interior.

Can we use the "Shessar's Fireplaces" art pack in the atlas? I assume we can since it is hosted on the ProFantasy DD3 downloads page, but I want to make sure before I get too far on this map.
      Magistrates Cottage.jpg
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2018

That's a really great layout - very believable. Nicely done :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: ShessarCan we use the "Shessar's Fireplaces" art pack in the atlas?
    Yes, that's an official ProFantasy pack.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

I like, I like :)
    This looks great Shessar. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product :)
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2018

Thanks everyone! Figuring out how to fit the original map's placement of the chimneys into a floor plan has been a challenge but I think I've got it figured now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: ShessarFiguring out how to fit the original map's placement of the chimneys into a floor plan has been a challenge but I think I've got it figured now.
    All part of the fun. Parts of what make this challenge a bit more interesting rather than just "make a floorplan".
    • CommentAuthorShessar

I just spent my entire day mapping. Best day I've had in a long time. :D
      Magistrates Cottage2.jpg
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Those are my favorite days :) Great map, Shessar!! Can't wait to use it
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Lovely! You do my little village proud with such a nice floorplan for the magistrate! And sorry about the chimneys... I just sort of stick them on without a lot of thought when I'm doing a city (vs a single building)... Although in this case, they may have been generated with the frills when I used the Buildings tool to create the specialty buildings...
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

I just has this same thing come up recently on a map i made for my own campaign that i was trying to adapt for the atlas, lol! I finally remembered i could turn off the roof frills and place the chimneys where i had placed my fireplaces and stoves on my floorplan.

Looking forward to more maps lady! June has only begun :)
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Beautifully furnished and finished, Shessar :)
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2018

Thanks everyone! Glad you like it. :)

Chimneys and fireplaces can be problematic both in floor plan maps as well as in real life. Here's a short but entertaining history of chimneys and their smokey problems - Smoke Gets in Your Eye:The Development of the House Chimney .

Scott, I'm glad you like this. The maps you did of northeast Alarius were exactly what I had envisioned when I first laid out the continent. Mooserun is wonderful and I could see myself eventually mapping the entire village. There are soooo many maps I want to make its hard to know which to do next. LOL
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2018

Posted By: ShessarScott, I'm glad you like this. The maps you did of northeast Alarius were exactly what I had envisioned when I first laid out the continent. Mooserun is wonderful and I could see myself eventually mapping the entire village. There are soooo many maps I want to make its hard to know which to do next. LOL

Thanks so much... [blush] Pressure's on now, though, as I'm working on another block of Alarius around Dream Lake and part of The Great Divide. I hope the new map lives up to those first two!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2018

Thanks for participating in the challenge Shessar. The map is now online in the atlas

Magistrate's Cottage