Where is Waldo node

This drives me nuts. How do I find nodes when I am editing.

Displaying frames is only a benefit to curved lines, and even then the actual frames seem very faint and difficult to see. Perhaps that is a setting I have yet to find (maybe MAKEMYFRAMESTHICKER ? ... Ok, that didn't work). With a bent line, for example a square with four nodes, nodes are easy to find. With a straight line frames don't help at all. But what if I create a square with 50 nodes. In that case, two things are certain. 1) I need to learn to draw better and 2) I am never going to find all the nodes. As a better example, what if I have a slightly bent line? Frames will not help making nodes very hard to find.

Other drawing programs have a means to see points on a line. Visio has actual visible and clickable screen elements that can do stuff. Spread sheet charts have lines that can have color and shaped points. And so on. Something like that would be handy. Even more handy would be if that function already exists and I just have not found it yet.

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    Putting visible handles on the nodes for direct manipulation is on the wish list, but isn't present in the software, as far as I know. It would be nice to have the cursor visibly change when over a node, but CC3+ also doesn't have that feature. There also isn't any sort of big circular brush that can push nodes around by using a tablet. These features aren't a part of the underlying graphics engine that powers CC3+, unfortunately.

The SIMPLIFY command might help if you've ended up with too many nodes in your path. It will simplify as much or as little as you want. Using SIMPLIFY with a very small value (something on the order of 1% or less of the view width) will usually merge nodes that are almost on a straight line in case something went wrong. Larger values for SIMPLIFY will more aggressively simplify things ( http://karthaus.nl/rdp/ is an interactive browser-based example of the sort of behavior that you might expect from SIMPLIFY).