Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2018 edited

I've just posted a new blog post over at the blog where I talk a bit more about how styles in CC3+ works, and how to create your own (or modify an existing one). I recommend reading it if you wish to make your own style, or are just wanting to get a better understanding of how these things work in CC3+.

•  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2018

This is also covered in some part in the Annual 1, no 12. I have already made a few styles with this. My question is if we have our own styles, but use symbols and fills, keeping them in their default folders, will it be OK to use this for the Atlas, or other situations where we want to share it with others, or will we get just lots of red x's?
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Thank you, Remy. I've just added a link to it from the FB group page.

Very useful :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2018 edited

Posted By: QuentenMy question is if we have our own styles, but use symbols and fills, keeping them in their default folders, will it be OK to use this for the Atlas, or other situations where we want to share it with others, or will we get just lots of red x's?
    Yes, that will work fine as long as you only reference official artwork (remember to use relative paths). Issues will only arise if you add custom artwork, or move/copy artwork out of default folders.
    Of course, if they want to edit the map, they would need to use default tools, since they won't have any custom tools or setup you made for the style.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Thanks for that.