Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this software, but I'm enjoying using it a lot! I have a problem that I couldn't find an answer to on the forums or you tube, so maybe someone can help.

I want to make a map that is a city inside a massive cavern using DD3. I have selected a rock background which would look good in a small area, but because it is a large flat area it looks unnaturally repetitive. It looks like lots of squares of the same thing next to each other. Does anyone have any tips for solving this problem?

Thanks in advance for an help!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2018

To reduce the repetition, you can change the scale of the fill. Click the fill style indicator in the top right, go to thee bitmap files tab, find the fill you used in the list, and change the values for 'Scaled'.
    Another thing that helps is to create areas of different fill styles overlapping the repetitive one. Make them a bit random, and use edge fade to blend them in.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2018

Also bear in mind that most of that background will disappear underneath all the houses and roads. It doesn't take very much to break up a repetitive pattern - surprisingly little in fact :)
    Thanks for the help, I’ll give it a try!
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2018

If it doesn't work for you for any reason just show us a screen shot and maybe we can help a bit more :)
    Looks great just with changing the scale! Thanks so much for the help :)