Adding sparse grass bitmap fill on top of cobble road

Hello -

I'm trying to add a sheet containing the "Grass Green 1 T Bitmap" fill (patchy grass) on top of my cobble road to give it a weathered appearance.

I've selected Grass Green 1 T Bitmap in the Fill Style Properties -> Bitmap Files -> Fill Style Name in the upper right hand corner of my CC3+ session - what's the next step to draw the fill on my road?

Thanks, Robert

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited May 2018
    One way would be to use a drawing tool but, if there is no drawing tool using the fill you want, then you're on the right track.

After you select the grass fill you want, you'll want to select or add a sheet that's lower in the sheet list than your road. Sheets lower in the list are drawn after the ones higher in the list, so they're drawn "on top." You'll probably also want that sheet to have an Edge Fade, Inner effect on it. If the sheet you picked doesn't have one, or if you made a new sheet, see if there's another terrain sheet that does what you like. If so, you can copy the effect from that sheet and then paste it onto the "grass" sheet that you're going to use. Otherwise, you simply add the Edge Fade, Inner effect to the "grass" sheet.

You should probably also set the layer by picking something appropriate, like "Vegetation," but that's not essential.

Once you have the sheet (and layer), make sure the Line Width setting is 0. That makes whatever you draw filled instead of hollow. Then, click the Smooth Poly [CC3 Button Image] button and draw the patches of grass you want on your road.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • That did the trick, thank you!
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited May 2018
    You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Happy mapping!
    ~Dogtag