Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Hi. I am brand new to ProFantasy and Campaign Cartographer.

I am very much interested in the Perspectives 3 add-on. I have discount coupons for Perspectives and a huge discount for one Annual until the end of May. I am soliciting opinions on whether the Herwin Wielink Isometric Dungeons style pack in volume 6 (2012) or the Perspective Buildings style pack in volume 7 (2013) would be a more useful addition.

Since I am very new to CC I don't know its history. It looks to me as though Perspectives 3 might be a product inspired by Wielink's work therefore much of his Isometric Dungeon style pack might be included in Perspectives. Whereas the Perspective Buildings pack is a true addition to the Perspectives product. But that's just an out-of-my-hat guess.

Opinions? Thanks in advance.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2018 edited

I have made several Isometric dungeons under the Community Atlas, Desperate Caves. I used symbols form both the Iso and the Perspectives add-on.

Desperate caves 4

The Lost Mines of the Depserate Mountains

more iso/perspective caves

I hope that is enough for you to go on.

edit: I am not a great mapper, and certainly cannot draw, but I hope you can see good maps can be turned out with this software.
    Jim, thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate your help. Your maps are impressive. I have a lot of work ahead of me coming up to speed. I followed several links embedded in your posts as well as those by some of your colleagues. All the isometric maps I saw were of dungeons. Has anyone done any 3D (Perspectives) outdoor battlemaps? My immediate interest is, say, an encounter in a steeply sloped ravine. I noted in one of your posts you mentioned a deserted village in a volcano caldera. That sounds like an outdoor setting. Have you tackled that yet?

{Edit] I just jumped into the community project. I see a building in Forrestal Chapel. I'll keep exploring....
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2018

Yes, Meralan City

I couldn't get the city in the caldera to look good. I don't do battle maps. There is an Annual issue for Battlemaps, but I haven't made any.

There are several battle map discusssions here, but I don't know which ones will fit what you are loking for. Just do a search at the top of the forums for 'battle map' ad you should see two pages of articles on that.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2018

Welcome Minty!

You asked which annual would be better. The volume 6 Herwin Weilink is a nice one. It is a symbol based set using raster (,png) symbols. The Volume 7 perspective buildings uses all vector art but works with Perspectives 3 and is a great learning resource for how to create buildings.

There are a few perspectives show and tells around that you might find interesting.

By Shessar
    By Loremaster D
    By Tonnichiwa