Community Atlas - June Challenge - Dwyan Church WIP

EDITED AFTER I HAD MY COFFEE: Oh, wait a minute.....JUNE CHALLENGE. Well, i guess this won't qualify since it's actually still May. Duh. Okay, well anyway, here's an Atlas Map

So i figured i'd through together a few floorplans for this month's challenge. Nothing special, as I am really just trying to fill up my own homebrew with floorplans. And since my players can be so unpredictable, i like to be semi-over-prepped, being the crazy DM/mapper I am.

Here's the makings of the village of Dwyan's Church. It appears, by the feminine statues they worship some Goddess, maybe the Earth Mother, as it is a small agricultural village. Who knows? For my own campaign it's the place of worship and meeting for a sect of female knights known as The Order of the Red Guardian or Red Guardians for short.

Progress so far

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Posted By: Loreleibeing the crazy DM/mapper I am.
    =))
    edited May 2018
    Nice. Beautiful in it's simplicity. I especially like the curved window behind the pulpit.

But, if I may ask, how do worshipers get in? I think the builders forgot to put in a door at the top of the steps.  <:-/ :D
  • Posted By: DogtagNice. Beautiful in it's simplicity. I especially like the curved window behind the pulpit.

But, if I may ask, how do worshipers get in? I think the builders forgot to put in a door at the top of the steps.<:-/:D
    Thanks, Dogtag. I should have put WIP in the title....i'm not quite finished. I hadn't decided on a door yet, but here's where i'm at now, door included :)
  • i think i like the first version benches better....they are actually shelves, not benches, but the latests look a bit too big i think. Thoughts?
  • Its really funny.
    I was looking around to find thomething to do and i found that church.
    Started doing some mapping, as i didnt think somebody else would take just exacly that building.
    So its very important to call dibs, i noticed :)
    LOL. I figured it was probably something like that, especially given the plain fill on the stairs. I was just poking fun.

Now that I've had some coffee myself, I see I missed the "Progress so far." line at the end of your post.

As for the benches, I think they both look fine. I guess it depends on what the scale measurements say.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • What are the odds? Sorry @Grimmric! Be sure to post a screenshot of wherever you are mapping in the original thread :)
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Great progress, Lorelei :)

I do think those benches are a bit big - if you compare them to the size of the horses outside the church, maybe? I'm only 5'4", and my legs are pretty short (long back), so I'd have to sit with my little porkies stuck straight out in front of me :P

And as for both of you wanting to do the same building - is there any reason why Grimmric couldn't do a crypt in the same building?