Recently upgraded from CC3 to CC3+ - what is going on?

Today, I bit the bullet and upgraded from CC3 to CC3+. I'm experimenting around doing a Mike Schley overland style map, and I've noticed a couple of oddities when it comes to the program. The first notable thing that I noted is that, contrary to what has been promised to me by virtually everyone whose ever used the program, it actually runs slower now than the old CC3 did. It's not destabilizing, but when I'm in the map there's generally a brief delay before any action is completed - it's kind of like a "lite" version of having sheet effects on. I've not experienced anything like this in CC3 except when I had a large external bitmap imported, and that problem was solved by removing that bitmap image from the map file that I was working with. I have no idea what's going on.

The other issue is that the "extract properties" tool seems to have been borked, too. If I left-click on the tool, it seems to activate a command called MULTIFILECONVERT, and requests that I choose a folder for this conversion process, even though that's not what I wanted to do at all. The first time in a CC3+ session that I do this, I'm able to close the prompt asking me to choose a folder, but if it happens a second time, the program freezes, and the only way to get out is to forcibly kill it. Does anyone know what is going on? Could something have gone wrong in the installation process?

Thanks for any and all help.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    For the first issue, do you have effects on? While effects are greatly optimized in CC3+, it is still slower to work with effects on than off. Apart from that, I don't know what it could be, CC3+ runs much smoother than CC3 ever did.

As for the second issue, that sounds really weird. It doesn't happen for me, so it sounds like there is a problem with your menu file, but how something like that could have happened is really weird. Does this happen on all the add-on menus, or is it limited to one menu?
  • I don't have effects on, but after I posted the message it occured to me - could be it that it's because I'm making a fantasy style overland map where every single mountain is its own symbol? Previously the only maps I've worked with were the modern city and modern political/roadways add-ons from the 2007 and 2010 annuals - the former had no bitmaps at all, and the latter had bitmap fills for mountain contours, but not individual symbols for each mountain.

As for the second issue, I tested out all the menus to be sure, and besides the second issue, I also noted that when I try to generate a hex grid, I get a pop up reading "Core Rules II Not Connected - Did Not Get" and then "Encounter", and if I try out any of the six commands at the bottom of the right hand side menu (endpoint, midpoint, on, etc), it says that CC3+ doesn't recognize the command, whereas if I try to execute that command in old CC3 it just tells me that the command can only be used in the middle of another command. Also, when I try to escape out of the MULTIFILECONVERT command, I get this:
    Somethings seem to be very weird with your menus. I recommend you run a repair install to see if that fixes it.

(Note that the error messages for the modifier are normal in CC3+, it doesn't have that warning that they can only be used mid-command for some reason)
  • I did that, and it didn't solve the issue, so I completely uninstalled the software and redownloaded it, and tried to install that. That still didn't fix the issues, and as a bonus I've had to re-enter my serial key so many times that PF is probably watching my every move lol

could it be possible that something got broken in the version 3.84 upgrade?
    Of course, but I haven't heard anyone else experiencing things like this though. I recommend you contact Technical Support, let them have a look at this.