FT3 3.0.21 adjusting Lat /Long grid

I have a map I'm working with but I need to move the equator Approx 0.4 degrees north.
Sofar the only method inside FT that I can find is moving the north pole .
It works insofar that yes the equator goes to exactly where I need it, But, the geography changes.
images 1 and 2 show the change.
is there any other method that might acomplish this within FT? I'm trying to get a series of base maps to export with the Lat/Long grind embeded.

Any ideas wolud help,

for some reason jpg file wont upload, tried as png and that doesnt seem to work either.
ok got upload fixed, sorry for the double,
pic with larger island is original, one with smaller is modified.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wah31cbb5l5hbxt/equator_tests.png?dl=0

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited May 2018
    Hello Snorkell :)

If you tried to upload an image larger than about 1 MB it won't work. I try to keep the pixel size of mine down to about 1000 pixels in width (which is enough to show most problems), and I never have that problem.
  • linked image to dropbox, link now in original message
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    It looks like your sea level is increasing very slightly. This may be caused by how the world is sampled during the initial generation process. The statistics will change very slightly, which normally isn't a problem unless you're invested in a precise shoreline. You should be able to find similar points on the coastline in the first one and the second one and then determine the difference in altitude between them. Then adjust your water level by that amount and things should look like they used to.
  • Much Grass jslayton.
    perfect fix and back to (cough) normal

easy answer to my overcomplicating it in my head