Moving symbols with finger pointer

Ok. Most times when I want to move a symbol around I need to select the move button drag across the symbol, select do it, and then move the symbol. But sometimes I notice that the mouse pointer turns into a hand with a finger and allows me to drag the symbol around. How did this happen and how do I do it when I want to. It's a lot faster when moving png's of the players and NPC's around.

Thanks for your help! :)

-David

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Not sure about the hand pointer thing. The only way I know of moving items quicly is the "Quick Move (Ctrl+Q), which lets you move objects quickly (click on the object, click on the destination, command stays active, so you can move multiple objects quickly in a row)
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Simon created a few symbols that use a bulit-in hotspot to move them as you describe.

Open the DD3 Color Skirmish catalog and try the Bugbear for example. You'll see that it behaves in this fashion. To see how it is done, open the Symbol Manager, "edit" the bugbear and use View > Show Hyperlinks.The symbol has a hotspot with the line MOVACT; - this starts a macro which does the simple movement. You can do the same to any symbol you want, by adding such a hotspot.