Rooftop chase

Hello,

I want to make a map at lease 15" X 11" of rooftops circa 1938 or so for a rooftop chase. I am at a loss as to how I should begin.

Can anyone help?

TIA,
kk

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Hello KK :)

First can we ask which of the add-ons and/or third party art packs you have, so that we can work out what to suggest?

• PeteFPeteF Traveler
    Secondly some more info may be useful. Where is it set (i.e. country)? Is this a horror theme, thriller, sci-fi? Might help when suggesting a particular style.
  • Thank you for responding.

I haven't responded sooner because I thought I would get notified by email when someone responded here.

Anyway, here is what I have installed: CC2 Diorama; City Designer 2; Dungeon Designer 2; Dungeon Designer 3; Symbol Set 2--Floorplans; Symbol set 3--modern; Source Maps--Cities.

I have CC3 (not CC3+)

I am looking for rooftops of a city--anywhere from about 1920 to about 1970. Anything close to that would be fine.

Thanks,
    kk
    Even though I have no idea of the range of symbols available in CD2, I am already thinking that you wouldn't have asked if you already had what you wanted.

I thought instantly of the CSUAC third party symbol collections, since they also have map files that will shade the rooftops, and a wide range of rooftops to choose from, but (and this is a big but) I have absolutely no idea if their current format, which I think is geared towards CC3+, will work or not in CC3. I guess they must.

The links to the Vintyri Project where the 4 main collections can be found are in the sticky thread for mapping resources at the top of the forum page.

Maybe someone will come along and confirm you should be ok before you start to download anything, since the collections are very big - thousands of symbols big. I would feel really bad if you went and downloaded them all only to find the installers didn't work in CC3!
    Also - I think if you look at your forum account you can change the settings so that you get notifications if you want them ;)
  • Thank you very much. I will check out all your suggestions.

kk
    I hope the CSUAC and the other collections will work with CC3. I was hoping that someone else would chip in with an answer before long...

Very sorry in advance if you go and download anything big, only to discover its not compatible with CC3.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    They won't. That is, the artwork itself can be used, but it cannot be installed from the supplied installers, and you cannot use the included symbol catalogs, and things won't be integrated into the program the way it is with CC3+.
  • Thank you. I will check out getting the CC3+ upgrade--if I can find it again (sigh).

Thanks,
    kk
  • KenGKenG Traveler
    Doesn't city builder have a set of symbols of gothic buildings? I'm not at my pc now.
    KenG - CC3+ certainly does. But I don't know if Bitmap A symbols were included in CC3.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited May 2018
    City Designer 3 includes A and B bitmap styles. City Designer 2 was, I think, all vector.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    For reference, all of the 'ver 3' add-ons are exactly the same under CC3 and CC3+ as far as content goes (Perspectives 3 is CC3+ only though, it was never released for CC3). All the 'ver 2/Pro' add-ons belonged to CC2 and were vector only (This also applies to the various compatibility updates for these, which didn't add new art, only allowed them to be installed on CC3/CC3+)