Reinstall issues

I recently had to format my hd and reinstall windows which means I had to reinstall CC3+. CC3+ works fine.... but before the re-install I had a column of buttons on the left side that had the sheets on it. That is no longer there. Also the buttons were higher res then they are now. Looks like they are 16 bit colors at the moment. Can anyone direct me on how or where to look to fix this? I've looked and am unable to find anything. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• mrgrimmmrgrimm Newcomer
    UPDATE : I installed CC3 and it looks like that was the interface it was using.. PLEASE DON'T tell me I am going to have to reinstall everything to the CC3 installation folder?!?!? If I have ANY complaints about this software it is the installation of it and all the add-ons, Take FOREVER to do it individually. You guy and gals (the programmers) may want to talk ot the guys and gals as ninite.com As they create one install file for however many programs you want to install. Just an idea. Other then that this program, this company is amazing and I wholeheartedly recommend it to everyone willing to listen. PLUS with the video tutorials on youtube by people such as Joe Sweeney and Josh Plunkett, it makes it very easy to learn and honestly Joe Sweeney is the reason I bought the Patron license because I learned how the program worked much better then the PDFs could tell me. Not saying they were bad but I am a visual learner and that's why the video tutorials worked for me and I couldn't be happier..... If I was rich I'd buy the same for all my friends......But at the moment am dirt poor.

Sorry rambled on and on again... I do that from time to time. :-(

Back to your regularly scheduled forum discussions.
  • pool7pool7 Traveler
    Not sure about the specific issue you were having initially, but installing CC3 after installing CC3+ is probably a bad idea.
    If you installed them to separate directories, you may be ok, but it's still a bad idea to install an old version after a newer version was already installed.

I do agree with you that installing all add-ons can be a pain in the back, but it's not supposed to happen often, so I'm not sure if PF will want to change it.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited May 2018
    Don't worry about installing both CC3 and CC3+ (in any order); they can coexist peacefully on one computer. They're two separate programs and they install to completely different locations, unless you deliberately change the data directory location for CC3+ during the installation.
    mrgrimm wrote:I had a column of buttons on the left side that had the sheets on it. That is no longer there.
    Do you mean the entire vertical toolbar (the column of buttons) is missing, or just some of the buttons? After you installed all the products, did you run the latest update (Update 17a, as I write this)? Sometimes, some buttons fail to display properly. Running the update can help (you might have to run it twice). Also, it's a best practice to run the setup files (including the update) by right-clicking them and then selecting Run as administrator from the context menu, even if you're logged in as an administrator. This helps to ensure the Windows installer has the necessary permissions to install everything in the right folders. For good measure, you may want to disable your antivirus (I use Avast and it really seems to hate CC3 et al.).

If the whole toolbar is missing, check your configuration by clicking the Screen Tools [Screen Tools Button Image] button. It's along the bottom, between the command line and the Grid, Ortho, Snap, etc. buttons. It opens the Select screen tools dialog box, where you can customize the interface to some degree. The toolbar with the Sheets and Effects button is Left Toolbar 2.
    mrgrimm also added:Also the buttons were higher res then they are now. Looks like they are 16 bit colors at the moment. Can anyone direct me on how or where to look to fix this?
    There's also a checkbox at the bottom of that same Select screen tools dialog box to Use large toolbar buttons. The large buttons are higher resolution and generally have more colors. You need to restart CC3+ if you check (or uncheck) this option.

I hope that helps but, if not, check back and we'll see if we can provide other suggestions. Do you have a screen shot of the current interface?

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    So I have run it as administrator. large toolbar buttons is checked. I have attached two screenshots one of CC3 toolbar and one of CC3+ toolbar
    CC3 is first
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Please (re-)run the latest Update for CC3+ (17a). Does that fix the issue?
    So after installing the 17a patch four times it finally took. Don't know what happened (or didn't happen) but it is now working as expected. Thanks for the assistance. :-)