Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorMagiMay
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2018

So I've made a few maps for some RPGs I've been running. But no matter how large or small a map I make, when I save it as a jpg the resolution is horrible and zooming in just makes it worse, so I can't use the maps on the tablet I use for DMing.
    I've searched the forum and a few other places but cannot find a solution to this problem.
    Do any of you have any advice for me please?
    Thanks muchly ^.^
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Hit the options button in the save as dialog AFTER choosing the appropriate file type to save as.
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Well, I know that jpg files do lose a lot of resolution. PNGs are much better but are also much larger. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give more detailed and better advice!
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2018 edited

Ok. I did a nice screen shot for this one not too long ago:

export settings example.jpg

As Monsen has already mentioned, hit the options button and adjust the settings in the dialog that appears.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Actually, Scott, we just all spoke at the same time, but as usual the ninja master, Monsen got to hit the Add your comment button first! LOL!
    • CommentAuthorMagiMay

You all are so awesome! Thank you so so much! *hugs all around*
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

LOL! Any time, MagiMay :D
    • CommentAuthortaustinoc

Posted By: ScottAWell, I know that jpg files do lose a lot of resolution. PNGs are much better but are also much larger. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give more detailed and better advice!

This isn't necessarily so. The "JPEG Quality" setting controls the level of compression. The higher the number, the less compression. I'm guessing that 100 would be none at all. Of course, at that point, it's at least as big as a PNG anyway.

I suspect the problem here is resolution, not compression.