Node issue with Castle builder in 2010 annual (CA46)

I have used the DD3 Castle Walls (CA46) in trying to build castles in the past but in my experience the program always ends up having multiple node issues when putting in the various arrow slits and such. I know how to delete nodes and the like but is there a way to get around this at all? I don't have a drawing in front of me to show you but what happened is that lines would go across the screen at about the spot where I had created a arrow slit. Some slits worked fine while others came up with a line. Is there a way around this?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    If there are lines going across the screen there might be two or more nodes too close to one another. Maybe there is a better way of doing this (I remember someone saying something about a new 'simplify' command of some kind), but the traditional way is to zoom in really close and delete one of the two offending nodes.
  • I think you are talking about the way you can use the fractilize tool to smooth a line? It would be great though if there was a tool that could just find all of the offending nodes and correct them automatically.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    No on both fronts.

I'm talking about the remove node tool ;)

I'm pretty sure there's some kind of simplify command, but I'm not good at command line things. I'm a button and menu person. If it turns out I only dreamed there was a simplify command, then the only way is to track the offending nodes down with the remove node tool. That's in the group of buttons below the group with fractalize in it.