Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorGThiel
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2018

Will look at FCW in a bit
    but in the legend change
    2. Palace of the Majernus not Majerna
    18. Moonophet Gate
    41. Serapeum -- Tombs of the past Majernus

Shift label Bay of Khelaphet to the east to not override Embassy Isle label

The directional cartouche comes through as a red X, which annual/source is it from? Same with the distance scale.
    The symbol for Canal Gate in the legend doesn't match the images on the map.
    the legend says that 1 sq = 20 meters (or metres if you prefer) but there don't seem to be any squares on the map??

Will look more later, have to go get my car inspected.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

The grid can be turned on an off - I left it off for this downlaod.
    I will fix the rest. And will use a standard compass and distance scale.
    • CommentAuthorGThiel
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2018 edited

WIP I've created an extract of the southern part of the Sacred Precinct. I will be mapping out the Military Headquarters and the Council Hall. I did this so that I can get dimensions of the buildings "right."

Second image shows some more work on the map.
      Capture16.JPG
      Capture17.JPG
    • CommentAuthorShessar

The Ziggurat looks awesome!

You two are quite the prolific mappers. :D
    • CommentAuthorGThiel

Shessar, thank you. Being retired I have the time, and now the patience to use CC3+ to turn out more than just stick figure maps.n
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Jerry, your council dome looks a little 'wrong' to me - I had it so the western edge was parallel to the west side of the building - I just wonder if that would be better, but it is your aesthetic call, in the end.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2018 edited

Another penultimate update. This time, only 2 issues left - the names of the various city districts (Note to Jerry), and what to do about the background pixelation - it looks great close up, not so flash otherwise. I could use either a plain bitmap (as in CD3A) or leave as is (I rather like the present fill at higher resolution). I have tried increasing and decreasing the scale - but 70 seems best at present. Ideas please.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2018

Excellent stuff guys!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: Quentenit looks great close up, not so flash otherwise
    This is always a problem with scaled bitmap fills when you try to use them for two very different zooms (like whole city view AND street level view). I prefer to fit the fills to suit the zoomed-out version of the map, and instead make street-level scenes for interesting locations as separate maps instead of letting the overview suffer because of a desire to have the zoomed-in look good. In my mind, a city map is primarily a map of the city itself, so that should be the focus, not individual locations.

What you can do is to disable scaling of (selected) fills altogether, but then you are basically stuck with whatever scale the fill in the file is in, which may not be what you are after, and you have to deal with the apparent scale of the fill compared to other features of the map changing as you zoom, whether this is acceptable depends heavily on the situation, and needs to be tested individually (for example it might work fine for the sea, but less so for the cobblestone for the streets)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Thanks Remy, I have changed the bitmap fill. Here is the final map - just awaiting the blurb from Jerry, and to give time for comments before submitting it to the Atlas in 36 hours time (Friday morning my time).
      Khelaphet10.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: Quentenand to give time for comments before submitting it to the Atlas in 36 hours time
    Take your time. I am going on vacation in 20 hours time, and won't return for almost 2 weeks. I'll be available in the forum and such, so you'll probably hardly notice I am gone, but I can't process atlas maps during that time since I don't have the dedicated atlas computer setup with me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I hope Jerry can still enter his buildings based on this map - he has already done a few. And i will still get the manor done in time.
    BTW, have a great holiday - you deserve an absolutely bonza one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2018 edited

Posted By: QuentenI hope Jerry can still enter his buildings based on this map - he has already done a few.
    Sure.

BTW, have a great holiday - you deserve an absolutely bonza one.
    Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Nice work Quenten :)

Have a good one, Remy :D
    • CommentAuthorGThiel

Finished map of the Southern Sacred Precinct of Khelaphet. I will be mapping the Basilica of the Council and the Military Headquarters in the future.
      Capture 2.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2018 edited

Here are some close-ups. First the Sacred Precinct
      Khelaphet - sacred precinct2.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2018

Next, the Garden District, where the aueduct from a crater lake enters the city, filling 3 great reservoirs.
      Khelaphet  - Garden District.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Next, High Town, where the middle and upper class live, and the Bulls live in palatial villas.
      Khelaphet - high town.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Next, the Great Bazaar and Infirmary.
      Khelaphet - bazaar2.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Now for the woorst part of town - the Tanneries on the western shore, south of the Docks - where the leatherworks, perfumeries, brickworks and smelters reside, along with the free poor workers, and slaves.
      Khelaphet - The Tanneries.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Finally, the 3 outer islands - the Fortress, Prison, and Embassy Isle. And that's Khelaphet finished, unless someone comes up with a point that needs to be addressed. Now onto Thredeov again.
      Khelaphet - Outer Islands.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I have now submitted this to Remy Monsen.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2018

These are great Quenten! The close-ups really show off the detail. Love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime1 day ago

I will start a new thread for Thredeov, which will also double as Vertshusen in Dunor, on Ezrute