Splitting up an established drawing

here is a drawing I have done on my first go with perspectives 3.

I have detailed 6 floors of a tower. While they look fine together, I am now thinking it would be nice if I could give each floor a drawing of its own as well.

Is it possible to steal work from this drawing and put it on a new sheet, thereby creating separate drawings from one parent drawing?

Or if I were to delete the bits I don't want and save each floor separately as its own drawing, Is it possible to make everything bigger on the page and then address the size of the sheet the work is on?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Hello again orfeboy :)

I don't know why, but I can't seem to open your images (which may be down to the fact that my PC is in a bit of a mess) so I am working without being able to actually see what I'm talking about.

If you put each level on a different sheet, or a different set of sheets, you can show or hide each set of sheets and do it that way.

Or, if you would actually prefer to have them as separate FCW files, save the same file under a series of new files: filename floor 1, filename floor 2, etc, then delete all the bits you don't want from each of those separated files (remembering to keep the original file untouched in case you make a mistake with any of the floors)

The size of the FCW file isn't actually all that important as long as its comfortable to work on, which is just a matter of zooming in and out really. But if you mean that you want to be able to export the images larger, then you can do that by clicking the options button in the Save As... dialog when you export the file to a bitmap. That will bring up a new dialog which will allow you to adjust the resolution and the overall size of the export, as well as how much smoothing (antialiasing) takes place.

I hope that helps :)
  • edited May 2018
    Yes, you can copy any one of the "tower floors" to the clipboard, then start a new map and paste the entities you've copied onto your new map. There are instructions on how to copy/paste in the Tome of Ultimate Mapping.
  • edited May 2018
    Yep, just copy into a new map. You can have two copies of CC3+ open at the same time, which makes it easy to copy and paste between maps.

Here is a LINK to Monsen's great write-up on using clipboard copy.