Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthororfeboy
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Hi guys,

Again I have a question. I have attached a perspective map I am working on at the moment. This is based on an old black and white map depicting a tower. I will attach that picture below as well. If you look at the tower toward the top (of the original black and white picture) you will see a floor that has a doughnut style floor where the main supporting column passes through. I do not know if it is possible to create this with CC3+. Maybe someone can tell me how to do it if it is possible?
    • CommentAuthororfeboy
    • CommentTime5 days ago edited

Here is the original picture that shows the floor I am looking to create. It is toward the top where the bell used to hang before it came crashing down through the floors below.

This requires a flooring that circulates the outer floor but leaves a large hole in the center for the bell mechanism to be worked by pulling ropes. All I am looking to do is create a 3D circular flooring that is a doughnut.

I don't know if I am explaining myself properly. I hope you can understand what I am getting at.
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Use the Color Key effect on the floor sheet. This will essentially make a hole in the floor polygon
      Image1.jpg
      Image2.jpg
    • CommentAuthororfeboy
    • CommentTime5 days ago

But how do I make the hole?
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Do you mean how to draw the pink ellipse that is used as the color key?

Set your sheet and layer to floor
    Set your color to #6
    Right click the circle drawing button (on the right side of your screen). Select the ellipse tool.
    Draw the desired shape of the hole onto your floor
    Add the Color Key effect to the floor sheet

The color key effect makes a hole anywhere you draw a shape with color #6 (or what ever color you set on the effect setting)
    • CommentAuthororfeboy
    • CommentTime5 days ago

No.

Still can't seem to make it work. I have created the ellipse but it is just a thin line on the floor. It has not cut away anything in the floor.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Sorry, I forgot to say, make sure your fill style is set to solid, not hollow, and that your line width is still at 0.
      Image1.png
    • CommentAuthororfeboy
    • CommentTime5 days ago

OK... Progress. I have a big black elipse in the floor. I cannot see the background sheet behind it.

???
    • CommentAuthorShessar

The glow effects on the floor sheet are causing this. Turn them off (by unchecking one or both) or adjust them as seems best to you.
    • CommentAuthororfeboy
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Excellent!

Where do you learn all this stuff? :)

So, is that transparent now?

If this were a roof/upper floor of a building would you see what you had put on the floor below?
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Yes. See the chapel I did using this technique.
    • CommentAuthororfeboy
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Where is that?