Dark Fantasy Symbols by Ralf

Hi guys,

I hope Ralf is still with CC3. I stumbled upon your free Dark Symbol Fantasy set. I downloaded it but it only works for CC3. Is there a way to make these available for CC3+? I think you have done an excellent job, especially with the structures!

Or how would I import this file into CC3?

Please see link here: http://www.mapsandmore.com/?p=17

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    If you have CC3, you can just install them there and copy the symbol catalogs over.

Also, these symbols are also bundled along with the Tome of Ultimate Mapping for CC3+, so if you have that, you should also have the symbols.

Otherwise you'll just have to await a reply from Ralf.
  • FarsightX3FarsightX3 Traveler
    Hi Monsen,

Thanks for your response! Does the Tome of Ultimate Mapping come with the CC3+ purchase? Or is that a separate entity all together?

How exactly would I go about copying the symbol catalogs over?

Thanks!
    The tome is a separate product.

To copy the symbol catalogs over, just find the three symbol catalog files it installed to your CC3 Installation directory (c:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3 by default)). They're somewhere inside the Maps directory inside the Symbols directory. I don't have the exact paths right now, but it should be 3 files, all named dark something, and all of type symbol catalog (.fsc files).
    Just copy these files into your CC3+ data directory (c:\ProgramData\ProFantasy\CC3Plus by default) somewhere, preferably under the symbols directory. Now you can open them from inside CC3+ by clicking the open symbol catalog button, and just browse to the files you copied.
    Since these are all vector symbols, no special conversion to CC3+ is required.
    Thanks Monsen that actually worked well!

Here is the Path: The Dark Fantasy Symbols -- CC3/Symbols/Maps/SS1/Fantasy/Color/
  • FarsightX3, Monsen won't say this, since he's the author, but the Tome of Ultimate Mapping is awesome. If you want to know the details of all the option and commands and all that, the TUM is the way to go.

I personally waited about 6 months after being active with CC3+ before I bought the TUM. I wish I had bought it as soon as I got started with CC3+, my knowledge would be much farther along than it is now :)
    LordEntrails, I have been a long time CC3 user, but I use it sporadically to do concept art for my mmorpg project. I'll definitely take a gander at it. Thanks!
  • Josh.P.Josh.P. Traveler
    I would pay for an updated set of dark fantasy symbols in top down and standard view... Some nice juicy PNG symbols. Especially anything that represented a Drow city.
  • Ralf is around here somehere. Those are good symbols.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    He's probably a bit busy right now - what with things, and... you know :)
    They are very good symbols and I wouldn't mind an update either!

I also wouldn't mind another annual with some more Hermin Wielink. :)
    edited May 2018
    I think a lot of people love the HW style.

I do seem to remember that someone mentioned, either here or on the FB page just recently, that he had become a photographer and wasn't doing map stuff any more.

But what we have is usually enough if you use a few sheet effects to vary the available colours for a bit of variation now and then ;)

EDIT: seems whoever mentioned the photography thing is right. https://www.instagram.com/djekspek/ (djekspek = Herwin Wielink)

He hasn't visited Cartographer's Guild (where he's been a member since 2009) for over 2 years now. Even his DeviantArt page seems to have been abandoned at around the same time.
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor
    Posted By: LoopysueI think a lot of people love the HW style.

I do seem to remember that someone mentioned, either here or on the FB page just recently, that he had become a photographer and wasn't doing map stuff any more.

But what we have is usually enough if you use a few sheet effects to vary the available colours for a bit of variation now and then ;)

EDIT: seems whoever mentioned the photography thing is right. https://www.instagram.com/djekspek/ (djekspek = Herwin Wielink)

He hasn't visited Cartographer's Guild (where he's been a member since 2009) for over 2 years now. Even his DeviantArt page seems to have been abandoned at around the same time.
    That was me.
    Was it? Oh - thanks :)

Memory is a terrible thing to lose, and I'm clearly starting to lose mine, since it wasn't that long ago you said it.
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor
    Posted By: LoopysueWas it? Oh - thanks :)

Memory is a terrible thing to lose, and I'm clearly starting to lose mine, since it wasn't that long ago you said it.
    LOL! Yes, I know, too. Memory IS the first thing to go, followed closely by... um... something else.
  • edited May 2018
    I found a catalog on the same place as "Ralf" thats called "Peter".
    Didn't know they were there, but they are very good.
    I wonder if Peter is in a Annual or something. I would like more symbols.
    The Peter symbols are the Symbol set 1 Fantasty B style symbols.
  • Aaah. I understand
    And thank you for removing images that i faulty put up here.