Adding Symbols to Catalogs

Thought there was a discussion about this already (I believe started by me) but I didn't see it... So apologies if I am repeating something.

So anyway, I want to add symbols to my own custom catalogs (not PF CC3+ ones). How do I go about doing this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Put your symbols in a map. Open Symbol Manager, select all of the symbols, save as a catalog. Give it a name.

I remember reading somewhere in here it should be saved under Symbols -> User
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited May 2018
    Or do it the official way by following the Joe Sweeney video linked in the tutorials sticky at the top of the forum?

Its this one:

• ScottAScottA Surveyor
    @Sue, that video explains how to create symbol catalogs. That part I can do, easy. I want to add more things to pre-existing catalogs I've already made.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Just open the existing catalog files in CC3+ (open them in the main window, as a map, and not just in the symbol catalog window).

Now you can use Import png's to import new images, or if these images are already defined as a symbol in another symbol catalog, open that symbol up in the symbol catalog window, and click once on each symbol you want to import. When done, just hit save and you're done.
    ScottA
  • 3 years later
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor

Had to go way back to find this one! As I'm reassembling my CC3+ files I find I need this again. Plus I apparently never thanked Monsen for the help, so a very belated thank you!