Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthoryorglow
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2018

Hi! I'm a new user of CC3+ and I also have City Designer and SS3v3 installed. The toolbar for CC3+ (the one with landmass, rivers, etc) isn't appearing. I tried running CC3MenuConfig but it didn't change anything. I'm including a screenshot ofthe left side of my screen so you can hopefully see what I mean. Any ideas?

Thanks!
      cc3+ toolbars.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2018 edited

You appear to be in modern mapping mode. Just click the CC3+ add-on button near the end of your topmost toolbar. (Note that CC3+ will normally switch map menus automatically depending on type of map you start/load)
    • CommentAuthoryorglow

Clicking SS3 or CD3 swaps the toolsets back and forth, but clicking CC3+ does nothing. I also started this map as a CC3 Mike Schley Overland, not as an SS3 map, so shouldn't it have given me the CC3+ toolbars to start?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Yea, it should. I wonder if there is an issue with your main menu file, can you try/check the following

1) Type MENUDM @fcw32.mnu on the command line, and then hit enter

2) Check if you have the file named fcw32.mnu in your CC3+ data directory

3) If you have the file, try opening it in a text editor, like notepad. It should look very similar of for example ss3.mnu found in the same directory
    • CommentAuthoryorglow

The fcw32.mnu file is blank! Guess that explains that. Is there a way to replace just that file, or do I need to reinstall everything?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

There's no easy way to just regenerate it. The quickest way to get a new copy is probably just to install CC3+ on a secondary computer if you have one, and copy that file over.
    Otherwise, if you just contact support and explain the issue, they'll probably just send you a new copy of this file.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Why would that kind of thing happen to the mnu file?
    • CommentAuthorGrimmric

Maybe a stupid idea, but cant we just give him one of ours?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Posted By: GrimmricMaybe a stupid idea, but cant we just give him one of ours?
    Because we are not licensed to redistribute the software, or any part thereof. Only ProFantasy themselves can do that legally.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Aside from the EULA, there's no guarantee that any of our mnu files are perfect, standard, or even the exact same version, so doing that might even make the problem worse instead of better ;)
    • CommentAuthorGrimmric

Then it was a stupid idea ;)
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Aw Grimmric :)

All ideas are welcome, and none are judged like that - least ways, not by me they aren't :)
    • CommentAuthorGrimmric

Thank you Loopysue.
    Just judged by myself.
    And that is alright. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2018 edited

[wrong]Just re-run the latest update for CC3+ in such a case. That should fix the menu file.[/wrong]

EDIT: I had a brain malfunction there - running the update will not fix a broken menu, you need to run a repair install of the original setup file to do that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2018

As for sharing files from the CC3+ installation, I would recommend not doing that, just because you never now what your system/installation might have changed, or even that what gets send your way is free of malware.

Please contact tech support from your registration page (i.e me) if you are missing something or something is broken. We can always provide the safe, clean, unaltered version from the setup files.