Flipping Symbols

Ok, so I can see where to rotate and rescale symbols. However what I really need to be able to do is mirror them left/right so not ALL of my villages are oriented the same direction to liven things up a bit. Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    When you place symbols, right click inside the drawing to bring up the symbol parameters dialog, and just hit the mirror button. You can also go to edit -> Reshape - Mirror to mirror stuff already placed in the map.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Or create a mirror copy leaving the original in place by right clicking the copies button?

If you use that one, though, its best to have grid and snap on so you can draw a perfectly vertical mirror line ;)
  • I thought there was a mirror button in the symbol dialogue box?
  • Josh.P.Josh.P. Traveler
    The option is definitely on one of the buttons. I highly recommend right clicking every button in CC3+ just to see what options are hidden there. Including the save icon!
  • Posted By: Josh.P.The option is definitely on one of the buttons. I highly recommend right clicking every button in CC3+ just to see what options are hidden there. Including the save icon!
    The save button? Now I'm going to have to go look...
  • 3 months later
  • BaltarBaltar Newcomer
    Yes. I just had this same question. I am working on a Herwin Wielinks' Isometric Dungeons dwarven fortress and was looking to group and mirror a certain area to then give the illusion of descending depths. Right click the Move button and the Mirror option is in the menu...works great! I'll send a pic when I am done.
  • Mirror an Iso symbol can cause problems... sometimes it works, and sometimes not. I have done several, and placing stairs, as an example, isn't possible for all 4 sides of a room going into the depths.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited August 2018
    If you mirror copy things on more than one sheet it gets a bit messy, since copies (and sometimes the originals) end up on the wrong sheet. But if you stick to mirroring things on just one sheet at a time it works brilliantly.

Profantasy know about the problem, and have it on their list of things to fix ;)

EDIT: Storm - yes, you can mirror symbols as you place them, but only symbols. With the Mirror copy tool you can mirror anything you like. Its really useful when you are building new buildings with complicated but symmetrical roof decorations.