Meet my adventuring group.....

So I recently got a few new players into my group and decided to update their Facebook page with some new artwork. Here's Lost Momentum, my group of murder hobos :) The PCs were created in Campaign Cartographer 3 and then put together and filtered in Photoshop.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Oh veeeeery nice, Lorelei :)
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor
    Looks like an awesome group. So jealous!
  • edited May 2018
    That's just Awesome!

Love it, and love to do that kind of thing for my players. Don't know about yours, but my player's are are soooo unappreciative. They look at the stuff I create for them once or twice, say "that's cool, man" and then go back to focussing on how they can convince me how they're gonna turn that piece of obsidian into a +12 Spear of ultimate enemy annihilation... Haha

Really nice :)

DMG
  • That looks really good! I need to get Character artist... I think it would really help my players immerse themselves in my campaigns if they could visually see who they are in the campaign world. It would also really help me keep my npc's straight!!!
  • Oh how wonderful! The textureing really adds a nice touch.

I did CA portraits as gifts for a couple of my players but seeing this makes me realize I should do something for the party. A DMs work is never done. Sigh.
  • edited May 2018
    Thanks guys! I used a PS oil painting filter as I wanted it to be like a "commissioned" piece their Adventurer's Guild sponsor gives them, along with a manor in the city upon their (hopefully) triumphant return with the object of their quest, especially since these are just CA3 versions of the characters....a few of them have actual drawings and miniatures of their PCs :)
  • Love the background too. Is it an oil painting, or just textured to look like that?

Lost Momentum - haha! I like it :)
  • Gaz, it's am image I found online - in Photoshop I imported each individual CA3 pic and made them transparent backgrounds, then input them onto this creepy picture. My campaign is called The Mad Blight, which is causing forests and people all over the lands to become withered, diseased and mad. Treants and Dryads included :) It's great fun.
  • I like it! Sounds like an interesting twist on traditionally fey beings, and the background certainly portrays the feeling of something sinister going on.

How long have you been running the campaign, and have any of your players succumbed, in any way, to the blight yet?

I love playing with madness among my players. Now that my Age of Angaara setting is finished and underway I'm developing my next setting which is a cthulhuesque pirate campaign. There'll be plenty of madness there! I already have a few maps, but I'm going to hold off posting them for a while.

DMG
  • I've been running the campaign for about two years. We meet every other week, sometimes once a month and have taken a few months off here and there due to holidays and life.

Luckily I haven't had a PC perish yet, however there have been a few close calls. One of my players, not long ago, put a Master Ring on and a Slave Ring on a cultist they kept alive after being ambushed by them in the attempt to control him to telling him everything he knew. The Master Ring and Slave Ring were taken off of the dead cultists. Unfortunately for him, the Master Ring still answered to a higher power.....the demon lord Bayemon, who is enslaving the cultists of a goddess for his own nefarious reasons by using these rings. The PC was almost lost to his team to Bayemon and most certainly would have become his evil slave if it were not for a wondrous Natural 20 in searching for a High Cleric of Manistrana (the Goddess of Healing in my world) who could only manage to cut his finger off, and most difficultly, to save him from his doom. It was great fun! They were scared sh*tless, as he had begun to turn on them "accidently" hitting them in combat several times until one of them figured out what was happening to him over the course of two sessions. Me and the PC were communicating via text throughout the game on the sly so the others really had no idea what was happening! heehee