Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2018 edited

I decided that this island off of the southern coast of Alarius would be my next Atlas project from my list of reserved places. I've just started working on it so am very much open to suggestions. :)
      Holy Isle of Mona.PNG
    Nice, Shessar.

I haven't looked where this is on the Atlas, but it immediately looks tropical. I see beaches and tropical vegetation, a verdant central highland - now I'm just wondering what is going to make it Holy?

Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

DMG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2018

With a name like that its just got to have a massive temple complex on it somewhere :P

Looking good, Shessar :)
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2018

Thanks for commenting. :)

The location is off of the southern coast of Alarius, right along the equator. Compared to Alarius, it is an island, but in truth it is about 1000 miles long and 250 miles wide on average, so a very large island. What makes it holy? That is up to the person who uses it for their game of course, but I envision it as the gathering place of the forces of light as they strive to defeat the darkness that has taken over The Scar in the east.

Anyway, here is my latest update. I still have a lot to do on this map.
      Holy Isle of Mona.JPG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2018

Easter Island? :)

I really like the way you place your trees, Shessar. They are always very natural in appearance.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2018

Another map crossed of my list of reserved maps and turned over to Remy.
      Holy Isle of Mona.PNG
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Oh I really like what you've done with the ocean :)

Is that a fill from one of the annuals/third party sets, or is it some very cleverly handled solid polys?

Beautiful map :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2018 edited

The Holy Isle of Mona is now available in the atlas. Thanks for another great contribution Gerri.

Posted By: LoopysueIs that a fill from one of the annuals/third party sets, or is it some very cleverly handled solid polys?
    Her map is core CC3+ only.
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Thanks Remy.

Thanks Sue. The ocean is simply overlapping polygons of the Solid10 fill over a water fill. I use blur and transparency effects to blend them together a bit. Sometimes I'm not quite sure what to do with big expanses of ocean and this breaks it up, at least a little. :)
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2018

Another lovely map!
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2018

Looks great !