Can't tab through symbol collections

According to the manual, symbols with a + in the top left corner belong to a collection. When placing such symbols, the prompt reads “(CTRL – scale, CTRL+SHIFT – rotate, TAB – next) [options]:” as it should. However, when I press Tab, the options dialog pops up as though I had pressed Enter or clicked the right mouse button. It doesn't switch to the next symbol.

This isn't a critical problem, as I can just expand the collection and click on symbols with the mouse. However, it'd be nice to figure out what's going on and fix it. I haven't been able to find any mention of this issue in tech support, cc2-l, or here. In case it matters, I'm running CC3.24 with DD3 and CD3 installed, on Vista Ultimate SP1.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited March 2009
    Seems like it might be a problem with your particular installation/environment. I tried to replicate the problem here, but toggling symbols with the TAB key works as it should. I am using XP instead of Vista though, and while I doubt that is the cause, sometimes Vista has surprised me in that regard.

Just for the sake of it, reinstalling the latest patch might we worth a shot. Also, does this happen with all your symbol catalogs, or just some of them?
  • Just checked, and I get the same behavior with CC3, Filled, Sean's, and DD Pro symbols. I also tried using the same admin account I used for installation, but that behaves the same way too. I'll try a reinstall and see if that sorts things. Thanks.
  • Wow, reinstalling patch 7 actually fixed it. Thanks for the educated guess. :) It saved me the trouble of a full reinstall. I wonder what went wrong the first time?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Posted By: BraddI wonder what went wrong the first time?
    Your guess is as good as mine in that regard, but installing the patch does clean up quite a lot of things, so reinstalling the patch often helps fixing strange problems.
  • I noticed a couple of other issues, so I ended up doing a full reinstall after all. It looks like this problem may be coming from the random dungeon patch. Everything seemed to go pretty well up until that point. I'm going to start over again in case that patch left anything else incompatible lying around.