Problem associating FSC files with FCW.exe

am on Windows 7, and all my FSC (catalog files) open in (are associated with) Adobe acrobat, which means I have to save them first as FCW, then edit what I want, then resave as FSC. I have tried to associate it with the Profantasy program, but it won't look at anything in Program Files(x86), only in Program Files. Yet all my FSC and FST files are associated with FastCAD (presumably FCW.exe), and open properly, and have the right symbol associated with them. Any idea as to what to do?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    If you hold down Shift and right click on an file, you should see an 'Open With' option in the context menu. Using this opens up a dialog that has a browse button, which opens a normal file browser that lets you browse any directory (allthough it starts in program files by default, it doesn't limit you to it). Using this you should be able to associate it with fcw32.exe by also enabling 'always use the selected program...' option.
  • I have done this many many times, and did it again today - still totally ignores my selection of fcw.exe from Program Files(x86). Oddly enough, it will let me associate it with Fractal Terrains, which is on the list that you can drop down - yet this is only on program Files (x86). Seems really weird. And someone else I know has exactly the same problem, only his is with Fractal terrains, not fsc. I even look on the web, and ProFantasy version of fsc does not come up. As an experiment, I changed the file extension association to FT, and lo, that worked - but of course I don't want to open them in FT either. I have also sent a tech request via support.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Weird.

While it is certainly possible to do so, do note that CC3+ doesn't normally associate itself with .fsc or fct files, only with .fcw files. These are mainly intded as support files, and if you really need to open these files, just open it from inside CC3+ itself.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Oh I seeeee.

I was wondering why only the FCW files bore the CC3+ icon when viewed in the folders, and now I know :)
  • I don't think I forced it, but I might have. My copies of .fsc and .ftc have the CC3Plus logo for their icons.